Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Nov 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Is it possible to visit before Sunday so they aren’t all chosen? Appreciate that might not be possible
This is what crossed my mind too.

I 100% don't think you are being over cautious by not sending money before you've seen the pups. I certainly wouldn't part with that money before I'd viewed puppy with mum and got a feel for the owner etc too.

But I guess the risk is that someone else comes along and snaps up the remaining puppy/ies before you get a chance to see them. I still wouldn't pay the deposit without viewing though x

Good luck x

Edited at 09:36 PM.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
We've arranged to go and see some merle and chocolate labradoodle puppies on Sunday. I spoke with the owner and he said the puppies are with the Mum presently but he uses a stud and gave me the name and link for the dad. He did mention that some people pay a deposit based on a chat over the phone, but I said I'd prefer to view the puppies first. Am I being over cautious or is this advisable?
Not cautious at all, very sensible. Look at the house, does it look lived in (read that some puppy farmers rent furnished houses that they use as their 'home' for viewers), See how the pups interact with mum. Look at mum, does she look like she has recently had pups (flabby tummy, swollen nipples) - again some bring healthy looking dogs along to pose as mum.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Sunday was the only option given and I am working Thursday and Friday anyway. Yes he did say it's possible they might all be taken by Sunday and he would confirm Saturday. There are four pups still left at present. It's a chance I'm ok with taking though, as I can start with another search if this happens. Rather that than jump in now with a decision.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

I certainly wouldn’t be putting a deposit down before seeing them. When we chose ours there were only 2 left and she asked which one we were interested in (they had different markings) She effectively reserved him for us for a couple of days until we could go and visit, then we paid the deposit.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Do pets at home not offer the secure deposit scheme still? That way you commit to paying the deposit but it is held by the website. Once you see the pup you can then confirm you are happy to release the deposit to the seller. Or you can withdraw and release your deposit back to yourself. No risk that way and the seller knows you are genuinely interested.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
Do pets at home not offer the secure deposit scheme still? That way you commit to paying the deposit but it is held by the website. Once you see the pup you can then confirm you are happy to release the deposit to the seller. Or you can withdraw and release your deposit back to yourself. No risk that way and the seller knows you are genuinely interested.
Not all sellers sign up for this service, ours didn't. We paid a cash deposit and just got him to sign a piece of paper confirming we'd handed over the money.

Good luck OP 👍🏻
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
We did this when we bought our kitten last year. We couldn’t visit due to covid and distance so we paid the deposit which the website held and we had video calls every few days and got to know the people and once we were satisfied all was good we released the deposit. It all worked out ok and she will be one at the beginning of next month.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I rang about another lot of pups today, and to be honest got a better vibe from breeder. He said I can see them with both Mum and Dad, and that it was going to be the sole litter for the Mum. He asked more about myself , if we have a garden etc. He didn't mention a deposit either. So I've arranged to go Sunday morning earlier than the other one.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I rang about another lot of pups today, and to be honest got a better vibe from breeder. He said I can see them with both Mum and Dad, and that it was going to be the sole litter for the Mum. He asked more about myself , if we have a garden etc. He didn't mention a deposit either. So I've arranged to go Sunday morning earlier than the other one.
That sounds much better. When DD bought her puppy the breeder came to house check them.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

We paid a deposit on a puppy today, going to pick her up in two weeks time when she will be a couple of days short of nine weeks 😁

I can get more excited now and start buying what we need in preparation.
93 94 03 2023 DLP