Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't find an LVT floor I like

I wrote a post a little while back about how I hated my new herringbone glue down LVT floor. I made the sickening decision to get it redone and the flooring place kindly said that they would do it at cost price. I have spent weeks now searching , buying samples, even buying boxes of floor and nothing seems right. I need a warm colour (not too light, not too dark that will go with oak doors). I literally have run out of options. I am now even considering other flooring types but just don't know enough about anything. Anyone any suggestions? I've tried karndean, amtico, polyflor and moduleo.
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024

Edited at 11:17 AM.
jenna288 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

Mobile

2 others worth having a look at

Kahrs
And Sierra Exempla ranges

good luck
One issue is stock availability as one I had liked is not available until mid jan
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

we got our LVT from Tapi carpets and love it, they have colours that are specific to them so perhaps worth a look.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

I really sympathise, I spent months and months looking for the right LVT for our kitchen/dining area. Many places let me borrow the sample boards overnight and some places were able to give me a dozen or more pieces left over from other jobs they’d done. I sent for samples but 1 or 2 pieces weren’t enough to get the overall effect. It was definitely worth all the agonising in the end as I love the one I finally chose. Only problem I have now is I can’t find a dining table that matches 🤣
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I think the problem is I quite liked my old flooring but had to change it as we made the space open plan and wanted continuous flooring. The old floor was here when I moved in and it was a warm colour that matched in with the doors and furniture. I have found LVT floors that are warm but they seem to be light and more orange (old floor was mid tone with a red tone). I am literally obsessing with this but can't seem to find a solution. Thanks for your suggestions. Just so frustrated because when I find a photo of one I like, all other photos of the same floor look different! X
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buzz242 View Post
I really sympathise, I spent months and months looking for the right LVT for our kitchen/dining area. Many places let me borrow the sample boards overnight and some places were able to give me a dozen or more pieces left over from other jobs they’d done. I sent for samples but 1 or 2 pieces weren’t enough to get the overall effect. It was definitely worth all the agonising in the end as I love the one I finally chose. Only problem I have now is I can’t find a dining table that matches 🤣
What colour type / shade is your floor? I bought a new dining room table last year and I'm desperate for the new floor to match in with that too!
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

try evo core, they have a vast range
Old 18 Nov 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

I liked lots of the Amtico and Karndean flooring but when we put them on the floor they were two orangey/golden, I wanted more of an industrial colouring. In the end we chose Polyflor Camaro Cambridge Parquet and it’s perfect for us. I’m sure you’ll find the right one for you soon, hopefully it won’t take as long as it took me 😂
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Rather than match can you have a complete contrast?

I quick Google shows some 'oak' as more grey. Would that work?

Finally it may be easier to just change the doors to match a floor you like. The floor you'll see in every room from every angle/seat. The doors not so much.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buzz242 View Post
I liked lots of the Amtico and Karndean flooring but when we put them on the floor they were two orangey/golden, I wanted more of an industrial colouring. In the end we chose Polyflor Camaro Cambridge Parquet and it’s perfect for us. I’m sure you’ll find the right one for you soon, hopefully it won’t take as long as it took me 😂
I have that flooring all through my downstairs with the graphite edging. It’s beautiful and so hard wearing. There are four of us plus two dogs in the house and it’s still immaculate after 4 years.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List