Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

The Magic is well and truly alive!

I have just come back from the most amazing time at WDW and I just wanted to reassure everyone that the magic is well and truly alive!

It was probably one of the most busiest periods being Thanksgiving week, and all bar around 2-3 rides the wait time was around half (or just over) that what was advertised. For example Big Thunder Mountain was advertised as a 45 min wait, we were on in 10. Everest was a 25 min wait, it was a walk on.

I used Genie+ twice during a 11 day visit, and I could have gotten away with not doing it, if I planned well which I didn't!

Yes, you may only be able to ride space mountain 4 times rather than the usual 10 by grabbing as many fast passes as possible, but in turn this has let me do other things such as I had never been in the Tiki room!

Fireworks, again new shows in both Epcot and Magic Kingdom, both amazing and grown on me each time I watched them.

There was no litter on the floor apart from the usual after the fireworks. Lots of staff training and getting up and running, so wait may be an extra minute in the shops while the cast members remember which button to press.

If you go in with a negative thoughts to start with, you will find fault i'm sure. You don't need to spend $$$ on Genie+ if you don't want to either. It is still the same Disney we all know and love. Mickey will still be there to greet you, and you will have smiles cheek to cheek when you see the castle for the first time again!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Great to hear that you had a wonderful time, and thanks for sharing your experience of G+ and standby queues too. It's good to hear you can still have a magical time

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
I have just come back from the most amazing time at WDW and I just wanted to reassure everyone that the magic is well and truly alive!

It was probably one of the most busiest periods being Thanksgiving week, and all bar around 2-3 rides the wait time was around half (or just over) that what was advertised. For example Big Thunder Mountain was advertised as a 45 min wait, we were on in 10. Everest was a 25 min wait, it was a walk on.

I used Genie+ twice during a 11 day visit, and I could have gotten away with not doing it, if I planned well which I didn't!

Yes, you may only be able to ride space mountain 4 times rather than the usual 10 by grabbing as many fast passes as possible, but in turn this has let me do other things such as I had never been in the Tiki room!

Fireworks, again new shows in both Epcot and Magic Kingdom, both amazing and grown on me each time I watched them.

There was no litter on the floor apart from the usual after the fireworks. Lots of staff training and getting up and running, so wait may be an extra minute in the shops while the cast members remember which button to press.

If you go in with a negative thoughts to start with, you will find fault i'm sure. You don't need to spend $$$ on Genie+ if you don't want to either. It is still the same Disney we all know and love. Mickey will still be there to greet you, and you will have smiles cheek to cheek when you see the castle for the first time again!
Yeahhhhhhhh that's what I'm talking about Thank you for the positive post
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Aw that's so lovely to hear. A lot of negative narrative about WDW at the moment - and you're right, it's all about the attitude. I can't WAIT to get back to my happy place 🥰
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Good to hear a positive experience. The Genie+ feedbacks have been getting worse and worse on the groups. To be honest though with this latest palava I’ll just be pleased for anything.
Old 29 Nov 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Thanks for that , nice to know it's all still good
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you had an amazing time!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Aww thanks for this post. Glad u had a fantastic time and thanks for the info regarding genie plus.

If a get there on Sunday a might just get for HS the first day and see how it goes but otherwise rope drop. Be happy to just be there soak it all up and see the Xmas stuff. Oh and eat 🤣
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Florabelle
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

This must be the best news of today, a much needed positive post, thank you for sharing. Great to hear you had such a good time, I can feel the magic 🥰
Florabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Thanks thats a really uplifting post ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List