Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Dec 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollie04
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Good luck Hollie, hopefully it will soon be sorted for you too
I managed to sort it all myself after reading 2point’s recommendation to modify the reservation . I’m not feeling particularly confident about February so we have used the freed up points to make a backup reservation in May.
Hollie04 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
I managed to sort it all myself after reading 2point’s recommendation to modify the reservation . I’m not feeling particularly confident about February so we have used the freed up points to make a backup reservation in May.
So glad you managed to do it yourself Hollie, I must admit part of me is a little bit jittery about February now but determined to go if it's humanly possible as the trip I've dreamed about for over 20 years with our kids who are now adults and our grandchildren has been planned, cancelled and rearranged so many times over the past 2 years and really don't think I could be the one to pull the plug.

Have fun planning your new trip in May
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

I was also told that the reservation would have to be cancelled and rebooked to move some transferred points to an earlier reservation (Feb) that I have rented out. She could only use some of them. I knew from a previous conversation with another CM that wasn’t correct. Phoned today and they were able to move the last 25 points.
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Whilst I was on the phone today I asked about my banked 2020 points that I have previously been advised will move from Feb 2021 and drop into My account first two weeks of Feb 2022. This was confirmed today but I thought she said they need to be used by April 30th. Is this correct? I thought they would be good until Jan 31st 2023 as some transferred points also banked with a different use year were extended for a year.
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hscx3boys View Post
but I thought she said they need to be used by April 30th. Is this correct? I thought they would be good until Jan 31st 2023 as some transferred points also banked with a different use year were extended for a year.
The points which replace expired ones will be June 2021 Rivieria points and will expire 31st May 2022. They cannot be banked into the following year.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm just trying to get my head around the points situation
We were booked to go last August using points from 2020 and borrowing some from 21. When I cancelled the booking the cast member was very rude about my points being returned and banked, never explained any of these expiry dates and now I'm reading that they will expire by May? Our use year is Dec and wanted to use them towards our August trip, is this not going to be possible?
My account says I have
400 Dec 21
200 Dec 22 (100 to borrow)
and after a good search I've just found the 8 Riviera points to use by March?

I'm really out of touch with everything as switched off from it all with the stress of the past 2 years

Edited at 05:20 PM.
ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

So I will have to rent my points and they will have to be used between when they arrive in Feb and end of May. The other ones that were put into Reviera points were valid for a whole year. Not impressed.
No way we can use them as we are not jabbed, but had at least hoped I had longer to rent them out.
Old 8 Jan 22, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
I'm just trying to get my head around the points situation
We were booked to go last August using points from 2020 and borrowing some from 21. When I cancelled the booking the cast member was very rude about my points being returned and banked, never explained any of these expiry dates and now I'm reading that they will expire by May? Our use year is Dec and wanted to use them towards our August trip, is this not going to be possible?
My account says I have
400 Dec 21
200 Dec 22 (100 to borrow)
and after a good search I've just found the 8 Riviera points to use by March?

I'm really out of touch with everything as switched off from it all with the stress of the past 2 years
So that looks like you’ve got 200 banked Dec 2020 points to use by 30/11/22, 200 current Dec 2021 points bankable by 31/7/22 for use up until 30/11/23 and 200 Dec 2022 points (half of which you could borrow for a 2022 trip or these all would be bankable by 31/7/23 for us up to 30/11/24.

Are you sure the 8 riviera points aren’t to be used by end of May 2022? That’s when my expired points had to be used by and I have a Dec UY too 👍
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hscx3boys View Post
So I will have to rent my points and they will have to be used between when they arrive in Feb and end of May. The other ones that were put into Reviera points were valid for a whole year. Not impressed.
No way we can use them as we are not jabbed, but had at least hoped I had longer to rent them out.
To be fair though, Disney didn’t have to extend them at all. I’m grateful that ours were extended, even though we can’t travel before they expire due to school/work schedules, I’d rather get some money for renting them out than lose them altogether.

Having said this it is making me reconsider whether to keep my points. I have found renting them out quite stressful and with lots of change at Disney, I’m not sure we will be holidaying there as much in the future. We do however love Aulani, so are holding on to them for the time being for a return visit! 👍
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
To be fair though, Disney didn’t have to extend them at all. I’m grateful that ours were extended, even though we can’t travel before they expire due to school/work schedules, I’d rather get some money for renting them out than lose them altogether.

Having said this it is making me reconsider whether to keep my points. I have found renting them out quite stressful and with lots of change at Disney, I’m not sure we will be holidaying there as much in the future. We do however love Aulani, so are holding on to them for the time being for a return visit! 👍
Where did you rent them, I have rented all of ours via David’s , we had a lot , was so easy , started by emailing them on Tuesday and all gone

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List