Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Dec 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
It went from a 3 class to a 4 class which are not used in Orlando flights as first not needed. I think meant that there were less seats in economy. Hence the problems. I took a screen shot of the map which shows landing time if anyone needs it
What date was this flight? I went from LHR recently and the flight was delayed due tp a change of plane which had 4 classes - just wondering if it was the same one, and therefore worth putting a claim in for the delay.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
‘Hammerstone’ is obviously in reference to the right hook.
As much as I’d like to agree with my Tyson fury esque prowess, it’s down to supporting West Ham and living in Maidstone.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
What date was this flight? I went from LHR recently and the flight was delayed due tp a change of plane which had 4 classes - just wondering if it was the same one, and therefore worth putting a claim in for the delay.
27th November
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 21, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
If it was a technical delay then yes EU261 still exists so you should claim.

I don’t really understand the OP , planes do go technical, just as well it was BA and not a carrier like Virgin with a smaller fleet as they wouldn’t have had the resources and most likely it would have been fly the next day or indirect instead.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 21, 03:27 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
As much as I’d like to agree with my Tyson fury esque prowess, it’s down to supporting West Ham and living in Maidstone.
It’d be cheaper to support the Gills ……but equally frustrating
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

BREAKING NEWS

Return home flight update.
WARNING: contains sheer tosspottery

So, as expected the flight home with British Airways was utterly shambolic. Even check I was a shambles. No queues were marshalled so it essentially was like herding cats. Also, BA appeared to have the smallest section of any major airline for check in/bag drop. A glance over to Lufthansa and you had proper queues for the right classes and ample space, compared with something that was akin to piling on the last lifeboat of the Titanic.

Firstly the TSA decided they want to do a more intimate examination of everyone’s suitcases, which was a stroke of genius as they informed BA they were short staffed and so we already accepted we would be here for Christmas. Whilst hanging up tinsel in the cheap seats of World Traveller, we were informed some passengers were lagging behind a bit. It’s unclear if they were genuinely late or if they were just utter morons, or people who finally got off Rise of the resistance after joining the queue on Thursday evening.

The pilot came on the blower to announce he’s about to say something he’s not said in 17 years, which was always a reassuring thing to hear. Thankfully he wasn’t Samuel L Jackson shouting “I’ve had enough of these god damn snakes, on this mother F’in plane”.

Apparently under US law if after 2 hours of being as active on the tarmac as Alison Hammond, passengers can ask to leave the plane for a mooch around but may risk having the plane cancelled. Essentially anyone even considering this in my view was game for a smack/glancing headbutt combo, but thankfully this wasn’t needed as everyone realised that would be daft.

Anyway, some 3 and a half hours later we finally mopped up the stragglers who must of wanted to recreate the last gasp Kabul evacuation before the Taliban, sorry TSA ruined more flights.

However, BA in their almighty wisdom decided to once again only bother to lightly stock up on food. It seemed at one point there was a head count to compare it to the meals left. The convo I essentially heard was there was surprise form the staff if they had enough meals, seriously? It was like popping round to a mates house with 30 mates and having the mum worry about having enough dinner for everyone. Not something you’ve spent thousands on

For those of you interested, unlike the first journey (veggie or veggie) this choice today was chicken, or chicken. Spoilt for choice I opted for chicken. Lightening doesn’t strike twice. Shower of ≈≈≈≈≈≈.

Then shortly after the drinks service arrived. Despite barely having the tug still attached to the gear of the plane it was apparent that there was a slight issue with what they could offer us. If you wanted coke, sprite, or basically anything reasonably acceptable you would be found wanting. Essentially it was orange juice and ginger ale. When asking the Steward if he had Diet Coke, his reaction was essentially like I’ve asked if I could do an impromptu wing walk experience with my go pro 10 at 30000 feet.

Obviously this isn’t the crews fault but it’s clear BA’s organisational skills are a bit lacking. Their approach seems to be take it or leave it, with no choice. Even Bronson in Belmarsh has more of a choice.

HOWEVER. Whilst we lacked soft drinks there was were more spirits than the late Derek Acorah could shake a stick at. My philosophy is if you don’t ask, you don’t get. I racked up 6 double whiskies in 2 hours which is a good return. However as a West Ham fan, this would be considered to be really lagging behind and on the verge of tea total.

Also there were some memorable quotes. In an act of normality I realised I walked to the toilet without a face mask. When asked by my wife where I last saw it, as it was more elusive than a list of those who partied with Boris, I replied “my face”. Thanks to this insightful bit of info, I’m happy to say it was later found, but alas not on my face. In the interim period of the mask being found I walked around the cabin with a get up which made me looked like I’d made a rash decision to do a smash and grab on a cash in transit van.

The soft drink situation did get better, but it was sporadic and it was essentially like winning the lotto getting a can of sprite. But now 8 whiskies in at this point I didn’t care and spent the flight listening to Trivium (a fantastic Orlando band whom I got many comments from yanks whilst wearing their band shirts to the annoyance of the wife seeing me speak to some fairly smoking hot cast members). Luckily I’m all business but it was a nice throwback to my days of club 18-30 holidays to magaluf where I was a free spirit who could spin anything better than Max Clifford. Might be a bit unpopular but in my view BA would massively improve if they hired Hooters servers to dish up drinks etc.

One of my best friends said he’s never met someone who can walk into a room and captivate the audience like me, which is certainly I think is true. Perhaps I should sell timeshares? But It especially helps when the audience are female, have massive funbags and are into heavy metal who are bamboozled with flamboyant actions. Boris inspires me.

Once again I gave the pilot a standing ovation for landing at our destination 3 hours later than the estimated arrival time (7.55am originally) and thus sealing my second compensation claim which essentially sees my entire BA flight and bulk of car hire costs covered. Absolute scenes

BA even made a right Jeremy Handcockup of the breakfast. Look at the state of this

And, also, I thought being English,but Americans thinking you were Australian was confined to “Miami twice” with Only fools and horses? I had TWO separate yanks ask me where in Australia I was from. I very much have (surprisingly) a sarcastic Home Counties accent. After I’ve had a few I will become Danny dyer, but that wasn’t the case here.

So, essentially next visit I will jump into the alligator pen at Congo Golf on I drive and shout “your alright mate!” Before hoisting them up with the tail exclaiming “look at this fella!” Whilst blasting some Men at work on a portable speaker before flying home with Qantas whilst experiencing no delays and ample food choices.

In summary, BA are without a doubt one of the worst airlines for this route. Maybe some have had positives but I’m basing this off two flights in the space of 2 weeks. Merge that with their lack of customer service. They respond to tweets 10 days later, and as for phoning them I’m sure you would get more of a chat out of Lord Lucan. Whilst todays delay wasn’t strictly the airlines fault, the flight itself was still an utter shambles and it’s enough to make me not want to risk giving them my money again. I found the cabin crew on the whole ok apart from one smarmy male steward who needed bringing down a peg or two. I felt sorry for the horde of Scots who missed their connecting flight also.

Edited at 02:42 PM.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You had me at 'stumpy legs'
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

BREAKING NEWS

Return home flight update.
WARNING: contains sheer tosspottery

So, as expected the flight home with British Airways was utterly shambolic. Even check I was a shambles. No queues were marshalled so it essentially was like herding cats. Also, BA appeared to have the smallest section of any major airline for check in/bag drop. A glance over to Lufthansa and you had proper queues for the right classes and ample space, compared with something that was akin to piling on the last lifeboat of the Titanic.

Firstly the TSA decided they want to do a more intimate examination of everyone’s suitcases, which was a stroke of genius as they informed BA they were short staffed and so we already accepted we would be here for Christmas. Whilst hanging up tinsel in the cheap seats of World Traveller, we were informed some passengers were lagging behind a bit. It’s unclear if they were genuinely late or if they were just utter morons, or people who finally got off Rise of the resistance after joining the queue on Thursday evening.

The pilot came on the blower to announce he’s about to say something he’s not said in 17 years, which was always a reassuring thing to hear. Thankfully he wasn’t Samuel L Jackson shouting “I’ve had enough of these god damn snakes, on this mother F’in plane”.

Apparently under US law if after 2 hours of being as active on the tarmac as Alison Hammond, passengers can ask to leave the plane for a mooch around but may risk having the plane cancelled. Essentially anyone even considering this in my view was game for a smack/glancing headbutt combo, but thankfully this wasn’t needed as everyone realised that would be daft.

Anyway, some 3 and a half hours later we finally mopped up the stragglers who must of wanted to recreate the last gasp Kabul evacuation before the Taliban, sorry TSA ruined more flights.

However, BA in their almighty wisdom decided to once again only bother to lightly stock up on food. It seemed at one point there was a head count to compare it to the meals left. The convo I essentially heard was there was surprise form the staff if they had enough meals, seriously? It was like popping round to a mates house with 30 mates and having the mum worry about having enough dinner for everyone. Not something you’ve spent thousands on

For those of you interested, unlike the first journey (veggie or veggie) this choice today was chicken, or chicken. Spoilt for choice I opted for chicken. Lightening doesn’t strike twice. Shower of ≈≈≈≈≈≈.

Then shortly after the drinks service arrived. Despite barely having the tug still attached to the gear of the plane it was apparent that there was a slight issue with what they could offer us. If you wanted coke, sprite, or basically anything reasonably acceptable you would be found wanting. Essentially it was orange juice and ginger ale. When asking the Steward if he had Diet Coke, his reaction was essentially like I’ve asked if I could do an impromptu wing walk experience with my go pro 10 at 30000 feet.

Obviously this isn’t the crews fault but it’s clear BA’s organisational skills are a bit lacking. Their approach seems to be take it or leave it, with no choice. Even Bronson in Belmarsh has more of a choice.

HOWEVER. Whilst we lacked soft drinks there was were more spirits than the late Derek Acorah could shake a stick at. My philosophy is if you don’t ask, you don’t get. I racked up 6 double whiskies in 2 hours which is a good return. However as a West Ham fan, this would be considered to be really lagging behind and on the verge of tea total.

Also there were some memorable quotes. In an act of normality I realised I walked to the toilet without a face mask. When asked by my wife where I last saw it, as it was more elusive than a list of those who partied with Boris, I replied “my face”. Thanks to this insightful bit of info, I’m happy to say it was later found, but alas not on my face. In the interim period of the mask being found I walked around the cabin with a get up which made me looked like I’d made a rash decision to do a smash and grab on a cash in transit van.

The soft drink situation did get better, but it was sporadic and it was essentially like winning the lotto getting a can of sprite. But now 8 whiskies in at this point I didn’t care and spent the flight listening to Trivium (a fantastic Orlando band whom I got many comments from yanks whilst wearing their band shirts to the annoyance of the wife seeing me speak to some fairly smoking hot cast members). Luckily I’m all business but it was a nice throwback to my days of club 18-30 holidays to magaluf where I was a free spirit who could spin anything better than Max Clifford. Might be a bit unpopular but in my view BA would massively improve if they hired Hooters servers to dish up drinks etc.

One of my best friends said he’s never met someone who can walk into a room and captivate the audience like me, which is certainly I think is true. Perhaps I should sell timeshares? But It especially helps when the audience are female, have massive funbags and are into heavy metal who are bamboozled with flamboyant actions. Boris inspires me.

Once again I gave the pilot a standing ovation for landing at our destination 3 hours later than the estimated arrival time (7.55am originally) and thus sealing my second compensation claim which essentially sees my entire BA flight and bulk of car hire costs covered. Absolute scenes

BA even made a right Jeremy Handcockup of the breakfast. Look at the state of this

And, also, I thought being English,but Americans thinking you were Australian was confined to “Miami twice” with Only fools and horses? I had TWO separate yanks ask me where in Australia I was from. I very much have (surprisingly) a sarcastic Home Counties accent. After I’ve had a few I will become Danny dyer, but that wasn’t the case here.

So, essentially next visit I will jump into the alligator pen at Congo Golf on I drive and shout “your alright mate!” Before hoisting them up with the tail exclaiming “look at this fella!” Whilst blasting some Men at work on a portable speaker before flying home with Qantas whilst experiencing no delays and ample food choices.

In summary, BA are without a doubt one of the worst airlines for this route. Maybe some have had positives but I’m basing this off two flights in the space of 2 weeks. Merge that with their lack of customer service. They respond to tweets 10 days later, and as for phoning them I’m sure you would get more of a chat out of Lord Lucan. Whilst todays delay wasn’t strictly the airlines fault, the flight itself was still an utter shambles and it’s enough to make me not want to risk giving them my money again. I found the cabin crew on the whole ok apart from one smarmy male steward who needed bringing down a peg or two. I felt sorry for the horde of Scots who missed their connecting flight also.
Just got home now 😪 horrific is all I can say. The poor chap sat next to me was catching a flight to Mumbai, missed of course his flight wasnt until 9.30 tonight. I too will bung another compensation claim, I'm furious we were on tarmac 4 hrs and offered a small cup of water once!
I will not use BA again either as 2 x 3 1/2 delays in 2 weeks is beyond a joke.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Just got home now 😪 horrific is all I can say. The poor chap sat next to me was catching a flight to Mumbai, missed of course his flight wasnt until 9.30 tonight. I too will bung another compensation claim, I'm furious we were on tarmac 4 hrs and offered a small cup of water once!
I will not use BA again either as 2 x 3 1/2 delays in 2 weeks is beyond a joke.
I know the pilot tried to dumb down things as if it was out their control, but it was still BA’s ground crew to blame. The Virgin flight for a similar time left 40m late max…so you can’t honestly convince me the TSA was to blame.

I read on Twitter the queue for check in for Ba was 2 hours, which would account for why some passengers were late getting to us, so BA 100% were to blame.
Old 12 Dec 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I know the pilot tried to dumb down things as if it was out their control, but it was still BA’s ground crew to blame. The Virgin flight for a similar time left 40m late max…so you can’t honestly convince me the TSA was to blame.

I read on Twitter the queue for check in for Ba was 2 hours, which would account for why some passengers were late getting to us, so BA 100% were to blame.
The fact that people were 3 hours late boarding would not have been allowed unless the fault was with the airline. The tried to say they were missing but a flight would not wait that long...it would leave without them. Our air stewardess was giving nothing away as we said this would cost BA a fortune in compensation.
I checked rake off time and they have put the time we moved off the stand, we sat for at least an hour waiting for the info on luggage numbers!
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List