Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 Dec 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Siobhan
Very Serious Dibber

Rent points, rent a booking or lose points

We’ve got 163 points extended points that we will not be able to use before May 2022 (I work in a school) so should we rent points, make bookings and rent those or accept that we will lose the points?
We did try to rent the points through David’s in July before the original expiry date but did not get a single email?
If we can make bookings, with the limited availability, when and where should we be looking?
Old 19 Dec 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Last year I did both. I found that making a booking and offering it like that people wanted it changed so sometimes easier offering the points and then making bookings for them. It can be time consuming but we had no luck with David’s.

Don’t loose your points you should have no problem renting them on all of the Facebook pages.
Old 19 Dec 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We rented some of our points this year, one of our existing reservations (for our cancelled Sept trip) and the I booked 2 or 3 night reservations in studios.

From my experience short low point stays are preferred so try Saratoga Springs, Old Key West etc and check back regularly as availability changes.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
We’ve got 163 points extended points that we will not be able to use before May 2022 (I work in a school) so should we rent points, make bookings and rent those or accept that we will lose the points?
We did try to rent the points through David’s in July before the original expiry date but did not get a single email?
If we can make bookings, with the limited availability, when and where should we be looking?
Personally i'd make a booking(s) that's as far over 30 days out as I could get, then advertise that and the points, then if the points go first you can cancel the booking and make the booking that's being asked for with no risk.

I'd be aiming for around Easter and any US holidays / holiday weekends / Run Disney events, there's a good chance they'll be gone already but you may find the odd night.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Make some 2 night bookings and advertise them.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

We rented our points with David's, took a while but someone used them for a 1 night at the Riviera Resort. Using the money towards our dues!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We rented ours out through David's as well, I was beginning to despair as I kept missing the e-mails- like about 14 faster finger firsts!- but eventually "offloaded" ours over 2 bookings. I'm not a huge FB user but I know that quite a lot on here went that way
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
We rented ours out through David's as well, I was beginning to despair as I kept missing the e-mails- like about 14 faster finger firsts!- but eventually "offloaded" ours over 2 bookings. I'm not a huge FB user but I know that quite a lot on here went that way
SD
Yes, we kept missing the emails too. We tried FB with a specific date we had booked, but kept getting silly requests for dates we couldn't get, gave up with FB!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I’ve used Facebook in the past, but you get a lot of people that just want you to look up availability, and as availability is so poor for the next few months, I’ve decided to just make some reservations - as someone above said, I’ve gone for hopefully prime dates and studios where I could get them (I ended up with four small reservations and used up all 232 points I had that need to be used by end of May).

I was going to put them on Facebook, but again I’ve noticed people posting asking to change the dates around etc (they obvs have no idea that availability especially for studios is so scarce), so I’ve instead contacted David’s tonight to try my luck on there first - I’ll only get $14.50 per point, but it takes the stress away.

The reservations I’ve made are for Easter and Memorial Day weekend so I can afford to let them sit with David’s for a few weeks and then if no one bites I will perhaps go to Facebook then 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Amy, you should definitely try FB. We got $18 per point really easily - we just said we wouldn’t move dates or check availability. We rented all of our points within a day or 2 of posting.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List