Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Dec 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thankfully my last delivery arrived, a cross stitch kit for my mum 🤩
So I will let the kids wrap all mums presents then thats it!
Watching Elf tonight 🥰 my favourite Christmas film !
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just went and got food and couldn’t get a gammon for Boxing Day. My sons working at Asda and has got us one so Christmas is saved. My other sons just given me some bits to wrap up, then we’re sorted.
Old 23 Dec 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The turkey and pork are out of the freezer, all the presents are wrapped - and if I've forgotten anything we're not getting it now! Tomorrow will just be Christmas movies / carols and food prepping, then a cheese board and picky supper when DD comes tomorrow evening
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
All ready here , was my birthday yesterday but now we are in full Christmas mode , shoppings been delivered, nothing major substituted so that's a win, pressies all delivered, pressies all received, all sorted into piles ready for Xmas Eve, bathroom tidied , kitchen tidied, hoover pushed round , and I've opened the chocolates and nibbles... we are good to go 🎄✅
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Just picked up the M&S order and a few bits. Tomorrow half day at work, clean the house and then relax!
Old 24 Dec 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Been up super early and done Asda and now in McDs for brekkie - a few present drops to do then home. X
Old 24 Dec 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Wrapping done, food shop done.
Need today to do food prep, move furniture to fit extended table in, set table, clean and hoover just the bits you can see (!) make up spare beds, hide grandsons presents, pick up daughter and dgs at 2.30 ... then collapse in a heap... this evening dh is going to work at 5.30 and wont be home till 5am so Im on entertainment duties, making/decorating gingerbread house, making riendeer macarons (both a kit) play pin the nose on the snowman, dobble and whatever else the kids bring... dominos for an early tea and then cmas films before bed.
I havent had time to turn around since August it seems, just not enough hours in the day... I am trying to think of how to shake things up from next year so theres not so much going on, scaling down present buying, simplifying the food and drink so theres not so much as we never need it all (nothing gets wasted though) and not having so much on. Although weekends away and evenings out are lovely, I think they need to be scaled down too so they can be enjoyed more.
Im not a grinch bah humbug...far from it! Just need to get back to quality not quantity... seems to have gotten out of hand and I love Christmas, but I am struggling to enjoy any of it this year.
Im sure once dh is awake and my other son and his finace are here so we are all together tomorrow I will feel better.
Have a wonderful day everyone! 🎄🧑≈🎄