Old 29 Dec 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Magic is Calling - Day 7 - November 2021 - Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs

Index Here

Day 6 Here

Day 7 - 20 November 2021 - Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs

The last couple of nights have been late ones so today I manage to sleep in to 830, which is good for me!

We had planned to go to Blizzard Beach this morning again, but opening the curtains we were greeted by more rain.

I head to breakfast but it’s super busy so give up and head back to the room, where looking in the fridge we have half a cheese cake each and the left over cake from Hollywood studios yesterday.

As we were due to go to Blizzard Beach then Animal Kingdom we decided to go to Animal Kingdom early then Disney Springs for dinner. We are being cheap again today and park up at Disney Springs Orange garage and then head to the bus station. I want to look around Animal Kingdom Lodge, and by luck there is a bus sitting there ready to go. We hop on and then it tips it down with rain again so a good job we didn’t go to the water park today.

Animal Kingdom Lodge was beautiful, we took time to have a walk around tbr resort and enjoyed the savannah views, but as it was raining I think the animals were taking shelter. The tree was beautiful as was the other Christmas decorations. We take a walk around the shop before seeing a break in the rain so headed back to the buses.

We grab one to Animal Kingdom arriving around 11. It started to rain again so along with the rest of the park we head to Tough to be a bug with a 20 min posted wait, it was indeed a 20 min wait, which was ok as got to see the carvings on the tree.

It was now approaching lunch time so we head to my favourite place of flame tree BBQ, this time did a mobile order to save time queuing up. Another round of pull pork Mac and cheese, onion rings and a side of fries shared between us.

It had now stopped raining, grey clouds were clearing and blue could be seen in the sky, so off we whipped our ponchos and headed to Everest for another visit to that pesky yeti. It was posted as a 35 min wait but we waited 20. Think it helps here that it’s a paid lighting lane and hardly anyone uses it so the standby moves super quick.

After a visit to the yeti we headed on over for a safari and a 45 min wait indeed turns out to be a 45 min wait. As it was a cooler overcast day the animals were more active and found loads on our safari. Now I believe the safari should last around 15-20 mins, but today we had a 40 min safari. We were stuck for ages while George the giraffe decided it was a good time to stand in the road for 10 mins. Luckily we had a great view of the hippos and alligators so had something to keep us occupied. We then got delayed again when a Rino decided to have a bite to eat in front of our truck. It was a great time and I enjoyed the fact it was all delayed and the rangers didn’t bother the animals too much to get out of the way.

Once off our extended safari we grab a Santa sugar cookie and have a wonder around the shops. It is here I spy another elusive item that we haven’t spotted before, the 50th anniversary soap dispenser, last one on the shelf $20 and it’s mine!

We were going to have another go on FOP but queue times were around 2 hours which we didn’t want to do so headed out the park and hopped on the first bus we saw which was going to Coronado springs.

It was an ok resort, I wasn’t really sold as when we walked into the lobby area it seemed a bit lifeless, it’s huge as well and took the bus ages to get round the property.

We waited a bit for the bus back to Disney Springs, all in it took us about 1h from leaving the park to getting to Disney Springs.

Walking around Disney Springs we spot this iron window bar thing that look likes an angry crab...

We take a look around the usual shops in the hunt for the spirit jersey, but we settle on heading to sprinkles for a cup cake for later and then to Blaze pizza for dinner, using our vouchers from earlier on.

We head back to the car and get back to the hotel at around 8. We have showers and chill while watching some weird American news channel, have our cup cakes, get sprinkles all over the bed and then have an early night going to sleep around 10.

Not a very productive Disney day in terms of rides, but we did get to explore the Animal Kingdom Lodge which was great, and the not so great Coronado springs.

Day 8

Edited at 06:16 PM.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 1 Jan 22, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Shame about the rain, but it looks like the animals were out in force on the safari and you that fun looking round the resorts. Yummy Blaze pizza finished the day off perfectly!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Shame about the rain, but it looks like the animals were out in force on the safari and you that fun looking round the resorts. Yummy Blaze pizza finished the day off perfectly!
I actually really enjoyed looking round the resorts, we’ve never looked past the ones we stayed in.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Good day despite the rain. You did well on the safari, with all of the delays and the animals being around more than normal.

Glad you got to use your Blaze voucher for a nice pizza dinner. Cupcakes look good too.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List