Old 30 Dec 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Magic is Calling - Day 9 - November 2021 - PORFQ & Epcot & Disney Springs

Index here

Day 8 Here

Day 9 - 22 November 2021 - PORFQ & Epcot & Disney Springs

Today we are moving hotels and also heading to Epcot.

I wake at 8 and miss the virtual queue for Ratatouille, so as we really liked the ride last time round I decide to buy a lighting land for 1045 to 1145.

At 830 I also got a message from Disney to say that our room at the Port Orleans Resort is ready, what a result! So I go to grab us some breakfast but again it’s super busy so with the thought of being able to check in early at PORFQ I give up.

We pack the car up with our bags and say goodbye to the Home2 suites. It was a good stay, bed was really comfortable, rooms were nice and big, had a fridge freezer if needed. So for what we paid it did a good job and you couldn’t beat the location at all.

We make the short drive to PORFQ, and I know there is little benefit to staying onsite but it’s so good to be back in the Disney bubble! We are allocated a room in block 2, with a side view of the river. The room is just as we remember, lovely beds, nice bathroom and of course classic cartoons readily available on the tv.

As we are only here for a couple of days we don’t bother to unpack, just unzip the cases. We have our sprinkles cup cakes from last night for breakfast, getting the sprinkles all over the bed and floor of this nice clean room.

We then head to the bus stop and a short wait gets us a bus to Epcot. It now tips it down with rain, so we grab our trusty ponchos which do a good job of keeping us dry.

As it was raining, queues for space ship earth, sorin, nemo were huge. So we just head round to France as our return time was coming up for remy. As we had paid today we tapped in and after a 5 minute queue we are waiting to get on. It’s as lovely as before, and again I really enjoy the ride and love the smells as well which I didn’t realise last time.

Once off it rains a bit more so we continue round the world ducking into the different shops. We stop at Italy for a pizza slice, which is lovely.

The rain stops and we continue round to China for some Orange chicken, which I think I prefer to Cheesecake Factory.

We head to Mexico next, and have a wonder around the stalls and see what Donald and Jose are upto.

Last time we came we didn’t really look around the creations shop properly so we have a good look round and look at the Epcot merch, nothing really catches our eye and no sign of the spirit jersey either. We head next door to club cool and try some of the coke flavours, Beverly is as disgusting as ever!

The ride queues are still stupidly long, so we decide against doing anything else in the park and head back to the hotel for around 2.

I dive straight into floatworks for some of the beautiful beignets, and resist devouring them on the way back to the room. We have a sit down whilst enjoying the sweet treats then decide to head to the pool for a dip and relax.

As the sun starts to set we head back to the room for showers and to get ready to head out to Disney springs. We head to the dock and catch a boat to Disney Springs. I love this method of transport, it’s so relaxed, there is no hustle and bustle of buses, and I think it’s a great way to arrive to Disney Springs.

We have our usual walk around the shops and also just stop to enjoy the atmosphere of Disney Springs. Dinner tonight is at Blaze where we have our usual of BBQ chicken for me and meat eater for my wife. These are demolished in seconds and we head off round again the shops before grabbing a boat back to the hotel.

It was a lovely relaxed day and so much more convenient being on Disney property, it really did feel like being at home!

Day 10

Edited at 04:48 PM.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

That orange chicken looks good 😋 I can’t wait to be staying back onsite next year, yes I agree the benefits have gone but you can’t take away the bubble and convenience IMO 🙂
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU,
Excited about Disney

Great to get your room so early, I hope that happens for me. So great food eaten today, shame about the long wait times. X
LOU, is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good moving day and brilliant your room was ready so early

Joan
Old 1 Jan 22, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Yummy Beignets from FQ, perfect! Despite the rain it looked like a fun day at Epcot.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Am really enjoying your report, particularly the beignets! I miss POFQ and love that reading your trip report is making a Floridia trip seem more within reach again. Thank you!
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Alwaysdisley View Post
Am really enjoying your report, particularly the beignets! I miss POFQ and love that reading your trip report is making a Floridia trip seem more within reach again. Thank you!
I do love the beignets, we did try to make them in lockdown but failed!
Glad you are enjoying it, hope you get to experience it your self soon!
Old 3 Jan 22, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Yummy Beignets from FQ, perfect! Despite the rain it looked like a fun day at Epcot.

It was, we never let the rain stop us, always have ponchos and umbrellas at hand!
Old 4 Jan 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another rainy day but it didn't stop you having a good day. It's great you were able to get into your new room so early - bonus!

Another nice evening spent at Disney Springs and more pizza, yum.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Great to be reading trip reports again, gotta say Port Orleans is our fave resort, love the theming and I agree the boats to Disney Springs are the best transport. I love it when the lights of DS come into view.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List