Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Jan 22, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

DAS advance booking question

I’ve used DAS on our last couple of trips and it thoroughly helped my severe anxiety.

I know you can register online before your trip for the new DAS system, so I’ll be doing it.

Question for anyone that has registered online - it says you can pre-book DAS ride slots in advance with the CM on the video registration call. Will they allow us to book our full 2 weeks in one go, and how did you find it? Was it quite quick and simple?

Thank you!
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DreamsOfOrlando View Post
I

Question for anyone that has registered online - it says you can pre-book DAS ride slots in advance with the CM on the video registration call. Will they allow us to book our full 2 weeks in one go, and how did you find it? Was it quite quick and simple?

Thank you!
Easy - yes

Two weeks worth in the call - yes

Quick - no, it's done over chat so it's typing your request, viewing the response, confirming your choice for every day individually.

Is it worth persevering - definitely it gives you two rides pre booked like the old fast pass and you can add a third as soon as you enter the park on the app.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Easy - yes

Two weeks worth in the call - yes

Quick - no, it's done over chat so it's typing your request, viewing the response, confirming your choice for every day individually.

Is it worth persevering - definitely it gives you two rides pre booked like the old fast pass and you can add a third as soon as you enter the park on the app.
Thank you!

Is it part video call and then part chat?
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

To add on to Dr JJ's answer, the times they give you for Advance are quite limited as they only have a limited number of fixed slots.

As an example from mine, you can't say "I want Jungle Cruise at 9am" and they just register that. You'll say "I want Jungle Cruise in the morning if possible" and they'll come back with "I have Jungle Cruise at 11am or 2pm" and you have to choose which one.

For Safari, I was only given 10am or 5pm - neither of which worked for my schedule. So I didn't book an advance and used the normal request once in the park instead. Although that is now done via the app and that side is great.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Thank you!

Is it part video call and then part chat?
Yes, chat to establish your details, video call to discuss your requirements and suitability for DAS, then back to chat if it's granted for the planning of rides.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
To add on to Dr JJ's answer, the times they give you for Advance are quite limited as they only have a limited number of fixed slots.

As an example from mine, you can't say "I want Jungle Cruise at 9am" and they just register that. You'll say "I want Jungle Cruise in the morning if possible" and they'll come back with "I have Jungle Cruise at 11am or 2pm" and you have to choose which one.

For Safari, I was only given 10am or 5pm - neither of which worked for my schedule. So I didn't book an advance and used the normal request once in the park instead. Although that is now done via the app and that side is great.
Thank you luckily it’s just me and DH and we have a very loose schedule for this trip so can be pretty flexible with what they give us!
Old 6 Jan 22, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Sorry, another question!

As we’re doing 14 days, do we have to wait until it’s 30 days before our 14th day rather than our 1st day for the registration so that we do the DAS bookings for all of our days in one go? Hopefully that makes sense!
Old 6 Jan 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Sorry, another question!

As we’re doing 14 days, do we have to wait until it’s 30 days before our 14th day rather than our 1st day for the registration so that we do the DAS bookings for all of our days in one go? Hopefully that makes sense!
I've heard to wait until your last day but I didn't (as I wasn't concerned about the second half of my trip) and they could still do all the bookings even though they were beyond 30 days.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yeah 30 days before your 14th day is the official line but like loldis says there is some apparent flexibility.
Old 6 Jan 22, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Thank you so much both of you for all your help