Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Jan 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Probably doesn't exist in US. And it needs to be able to withstand Florida weather and power washing between guests. We learnt the hard way not to have metal, the resulting rust meant whole pool deck had to be repainted.
Well it does exist because we’ve stayed in villas with lovely modern pool furniture. Not the white tube plastic 😬

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JulieB01
VIP Dibber

JulieB01's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jemett View Post
Well it does exist because we’ve stayed in villas with lovely modern pool furniture. Not the white tube plastic 😬
Not in any way disrespecting the furniture Steve has in his villa, our man co likes the tube furniture as its very practical in a hurricane situation as it can be chukced in the pool (after the cushions have been taken off of course.)

Its practical. As an owner you have to find a balance between what will appeal to guests and also what is practical given that plenty of guests dont necessarily treat furniture/carpets in the way that you would like them to.

And, 100% in agreement with Steve, you cannot please everybody.

Welcome to our own Home From Home

4 bed/3 bath Golf Course Villa with Pool and Games Room

Updated carpets and kitchen appliances in 2021

JulieB01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mine can go in the pool as well lol but I prefer it to be put in the garage if some big wind is expected 😅
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
I think florida or maybe america in general is quite behind the modern decor, at least in things like kitchens and bathrooms. There are very little villas that I have seen that look like a modern house in the UK.

Personally the decor isn't an issue for me, I'm not buying it. We use the villa as a place to sleep, if we aren't sleeping we are either out, or in the pool/hot tub. More important to me is the location of the villa to the parks, and the size of the pool and ideally a spa/hot tub, followed by the price.

I found a lot of the newer modern villas are a fair way out, the older villas are typically nearer the parks. I found a villa which meets all our requirements, but does look outdated, but I'd rather have an outdated look than be far away, or not have a spa/hot tub. Or be considerably more expensive.
Definitely this.

I think interior design tastes are very different here.

They seem to love dark wood in the US, you don’t see so much of if it here now so makes things feel dated to us.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie 12
Excited about Disney

We have stayed in lots of villas all different shapes and sizes it usually takes me at least 2/3days to settle in and feel comfortable then I never want to leave but one thing that puts me off straight away is checked bedding my oh will always say ok we will go to Walmart and buy something different if villa is what we want
minnie 12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
fastboysam
Trainee Dibber

Doubt that they are outdated by 30 years as most aren't even that old but I know what you mean about some of the older, cheaper villas with floral furniture and plastic plants. We have not found that such a high % are very dated but it depends on what parameters you've set for your search I suppose?

What is your budget and preferred location? Have you placed a request on here with your requirements? If you state what factors are important I find that I get an adequate amount of replies although I did struggle at Xmas as I couldn't book too far out incase our trip didn't go ahead.

I find you get what you pay for with the more modern villas being more expensive! It's easy to find the more modern ones on places like Solterra, Reunion Encore, Champions Gate etc but the compromise is the price or distance to the parks in many cases.

We know what we like after over 50 visits to various villas and find that we have to compromise on one or two things even with a big budget so it will depend on what's important to you as there are villas out there to fit all tastes. Some people only use them as a base so clean and comfortable works for them whilst we spend a lot of time in the villa so like lots of bells and whistles and we are happy to pay a premium for this as it still works out cheaper than a decent hotel for us.

What we have found more recently is that the newer villas have way too many controls like the A/C set without any option to change it at all! So, personally we would prefer an older well kept villa where the owner doesn't micro-manage the A/C as that does affect our comfort!

We find recent reviews, new pictures and owners who answer questions quickly are the ones who care most about their homes and actively look after you every step of the way which is priceless.
Old 10 Jan 22, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I think I must be a bit the opposite. We last went in 2018, my neighbour the same year, she found a villa with really modern decor, grey handless kitchen, ultra modern furniture, think Mrs Hinch style. I really didn't like it and much preferred the traditional Florida type styling that we had. Ours didn't have the plastic plants though
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I LIKE the kitsch look. The plastic plants, the dark wood, having to "climb" into bed.

A villa is different from home, it is a bit darker inside as an escape from the brightness and heat of outside. I love the older ones.

We had one recently with a white kitchen and pale beechwood furniture and pastel bedding in the bedrooms... it felt reeeeeally wrong.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I think I must be a bit the opposite. We last went in 2018, my neighbour the same year, she found a villa with really modern decor, grey handless kitchen, ultra modern furniture, think Mrs Hinch style. I really didn't like it and much preferred the traditional Florida type styling that we had. Ours didn't have the plastic plants though
I am sure a lot of people would like the Hinch look tho. 😂
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DeepAK4
Helping Mickey

It is Palm Casual furniture -all very expensive but keeps its' looks and extremely hard wearing.

It must be very difficult choosing a villa to rent. There are so many to choose from and it all depends on what your priorities are.