Old 10 Jan 22, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Our first trip with Martha. Day 3

Martha slept in with Laura last night so Aaron, Edith & I had unbroken sleep. We all woke at 6.30am ish, so much better than 3.30am! We decided to head out for breakfast today & Ihop was our place of choice. Aaron also wasnted to visit the Bass Pro shop on Idrive so we head to the Ihop nearest that.

We were seated right away. Aaron and I had the steak tips & Eggs, Edith had a make your owbn plate with ham, eggs and toast and Laura had the Split decision. The food was fantastic and the service was good too. We drove to the Bass Pro shop but Martha had fallen asleep so I stayed in the car with the girls while Aaron and his mom went inside. I might have had a cheeky nap as they took so long!

We head to Epcot next. Parking and getting into the park was fine. We spotted Pluto and Goofy on the way in.

We rode Spaceship Earth with a 10 minute queue and then head towards World Showcase choosing to walk around anti- clockwise.

We stopped in France for a snack. Aaron went into the boulangerie while I stayed outside with the girls. Once he had the food we managed to find a seat inside. We shared a baguette and a goats cheese slice. Laura went into the ice cream parlour for a treat. We saw Pierre Noel reading a Christmas story so we stopped to watch for a while.

We stopped at the USA too as the smokehouse smell pulled us in. We shared a bbq butt platter which was tiny but delicious. I had a berry cooler cocktail and Aaron a couple of beers.

We carried on round, stopping for a play on the drums and then heading into Mexico for a ride on the Three Calibraros. The queue was big!

I have never seen a queue come out of the area but this one was snaking around the building. The cast member told us it was 25 minutes. Edith was very excited for it so we sucked it up an joined the queue as it was unlikely we would get on anything else today. It only took 6 minutes! Then when we came off, there was no queue at all so we rode again.

I will just mention here that we were really feeling the lack of Fastpasses. I refused to pay for Genie+ as I had read awful things about paying & then still not getting any good ride times. The queues were bigger than we were used to visiting in September / March and we were just resigned to missing out on some of the more popular rides. I did manage to get a virtual queue place for Ratatouille but it came through as 7pm and we had plans this evening so I cancelled our place. We have ridden the one in DLP so we didn't feel too hard done by.

We head out of the park as we had tickets to Night of a Million Lights at the Give Kids the World Village. We grabbed Eduth some popcorn on the way out, would you believe it, our first Disney popcorn in 15+ trips!

We had the earliest slot and when we arrived we pretty much had the place to ourselves. It was absolutely beautiful and we just spent ages taking in the lights, letting the girls dance to the music in time with the houses and wondering around. We walked the trails, got the train and other than missing Santa as he had a huge queue we felt like wemanaged to see everything. I highly recommend this if you ever visit in November / December. It was just magical.

On the way back we stopped at Aldi for some milk and grabbed a Panda Express to eat back in the room.

The girls were asleep by 8 and after watching the fireworks from the balcony, we followed at 10.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Night of a million nights looks lovely and yeah for having a good sleep

Panda Express is just such a gorgeous meal
Old 10 Jan 22, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another great day

Joan
Old 10 Jan 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Lovely to see trip reports again. Looks like you had a great time, love GKTW! 💕❤️💕
Old 10 Jan 22, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

What a lovely and relaxed day. Beautiful photos of your girls.
I am soooo jealous of your Panda Express 🐼 😋
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Night of a million nights looks lovely and yeah for having a good sleep

Panda Express is just such a gorgeous meal
Ooh Panda, it never dissapoints!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day

Joan
Thanks for reading along.

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Lovely to see trip reports again. Looks like you had a great time, love GKTW! 💕❤️💕
We had a fabulous time thankyou.

PS, love your dog
I had a brindle bully as a child, she was the best girl ever, if a little crazy

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
What a lovely and relaxed day. Beautiful photos of your girls.
I am soooo jealous of your Panda Express 🐼 😋
It was a great day! Panda is always a good idea isn't it?
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Great day! I've seen a few people mention Panda Express, it looks good.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Great day! I've seen a few people mention Panda Express, it looks good.
Oh it's the best! Such huge prtions & so cheap.
Old 14 Jan 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another great day !
Epcot is one of our favourites , absolutely love World Showcase
Mmm Panda Express 😋😋😋😋
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Great day! We had tickets for the night of a million lights on Boxing Day but we grabbed individual LL for FOP at 3.45 thinking we would go straight to our 5pm booking at GKTW after but as I pressed book the time changed and we had 4.15! We couldn’t get a refund on the LL and DH and DS both preferred to do that so wr had to give it a miss…I felt less bad about losing the money for that as at least it went to a good cause! Maybe next year! Off to read the rest of your report so far!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List