Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jan 22, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DrGLF
Trying for More Ears

RPR Club level - worth it for one night?

Has anyone done club at rpr recently?

Going to be booking 1 night for express passes using some Tesco vouchers.

For 3A and 2C it’s an extra £95 for club for one night. Would you do it or not bother.

Figured it might be useful as kids like to eat as soon as they open their eyes plus lounge would be somewhere else to sit seeing as we are all squeezing into one room. However not sure if that’s worthy of the price point.

Thanks
DrGLF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

We are planning to do the same.

I estimated the value for us (if it was my family). That price sounds like a good value. We eat breakfast, take water bottles to the park, and enjoy snacks and desserts in the evening. For five people I value that at more than the price you are paying.
Old 11 Jan 22, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Personally if its only that price then I probably would as breakfast would be a chunk of that. I guess it depends if you are planning on spending the entire day in the parks both sides or if you are planning some time at the hotel. There is a few hours where you get free booze and appetisers. We've always used this as a light dinner (had lunch out at the parks) which then makes it worthwhile. We also went in as soon as we checked in and picked up some snacks to take with us to the park (and some bottles of water)
Old 11 Jan 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Can you add it on when you get there? I’ve already booked - needed 2 rooms so was expensive but I’m thinking might be worth it for breakfast
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

It was a couple of years ago but we received a free club upgrade when on honeymoon. I'd say totally depends on your plans. If you were going to buy breakfast in the hotel and plan on hanging around the hotel for part of the day in the pool then yes for 4 people I'd go for it. For 2 people who want to hit the parks early as possible and grab breakfast on the fly then it's not worth it.
The club room itself was smaller than I was expecting and it did get very busy around breakfast time. Food wasn't amazing but was perfectly fine for a quick breakfast.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

There’s 6 of us so I’m in two minds! I’d prefer to be up and out to be honest
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
There’s 6 of us so I’m in two minds! I’d prefer to be up and out to be honest
I think then its probably not worth it.
Old 12 Jan 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Grab a quick breakfast - lots in the club room can be taken away i.e. coffee, doughnuts, muffins etc. Take some water/ cans for the park and then back late afternoon for a couple of alcoholic drinks (most times we have been they have allowed us to take beer back to our room, they have to open them but they will give you the caps so you can pop them back on and put the beer in the mini fridge).. the evening snacks are always ok, probably not a meal unless you really like the dish on offer but enough to tide you over for a couple more hours in the parks! Then if you make it back early enough some sweet treats to have before bed to go with the beers you saved from earlier

To do all of that for 5 people is going to cost significantly more than £95!
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

To me, £95 is a definite good deal with 5 of you.
You get (light) breakfast for all of you on both days, although you will probably skip the first.
You can all stock up on Pretzels, canned drinks etc for the parks as often as you like.
There are light snacks for lunch.
Evening is happy hour with hot food, beer, wine etc.
Just add up the value of all the above.

The room is better and the club lounge rather nice with some kids games, a big tv etc.

All in all an absolute bargain, given its close proximity to the parks and city walk. We wouldn’t do it any other way provided it is sub £120.

One cautionary word.. in probability you will still visit city walk for a proper evening meal.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:32 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DrGLF
Trying for More Ears

Thanks all. Think I’m going to go for it.

Are they happy to let you in when you turn up to check in at 8am or however early on day 1, seeing as your room won’t be ready?
DrGLF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List