Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Jan 22, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
Not sure I’m allowed to say, but it’s the American version of the DIBB.
Oh ok. I will try and figure it out!
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Oh ok. I will try and figure it out!
I went onto the “American dibb” looked at the thread, it’s all just rumours at the moment and there are posts from people who have called universal guest service who are denying there is going to be a change but I guess anything is possible and they could have been instructed to say that, If they did remove the AP discount then I’d need to look at not renewing my annual pass as it’s a been big saver for my trips for my hotels

Edited at 09:43 PM.
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
I went onto the “American dobbies” looked at the thread, it’s all just rumours at the moment and there are posts from people who have called universal guest service who are denying there is going to be a change but I guess anything is possible and they could have been instructed to say that, If they did remove the AP discount then I’d need to look at not renewing my annual pass as it’s a been big saver for my trips for my hotels
I’ve never managed to save on the hotels with mine.

I book very early and whenever I’ve checked the ap price has always been higher.

We’ve only stayed in the premium hotels and for a minimum of a week, I assume the shorter stays are easier to make savings on.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve never had a discount on our rooms but given that they’ve gone up nearly 60% since we’ve been able to get back, I was kind of hoping for one this time🙄
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’ve never managed to save on the hotels with mine.

I book very early and whenever I’ve checked the ap price has always been higher.

We’ve only stayed in the premium hotels and for a minimum of a week, I assume the shorter stays are easier to make savings on.
Yeah, you get something like 30% off when staying for 7 or more nights using their stay more save more offer that’s always on.

The AP discount is a similar discount (30-40%) and very useful on shorter stays.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I just checked our august booking, 10 nights with the stay more offer is more than I’ve paid and they only have king rooms at that rate, not the 2 queens that we’ve booked.

I booked May last year with Travel Republic.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by teallach View Post
We’ve never had a discount on our rooms but given that they’ve gone up nearly 60% since we’ve been able to get back, I was kind of hoping for one this time🙄
60% increase for the same dates?
Universal have about 8 different price points from “value” to “holidays” prices. There’s always been a big difference between the cheapest and most expensive dates.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I just checked our august booking, 10 nights with the stay more offer is more than I’ve paid and they only have king rooms at that rate, not the 2 queens that we’ve booked.

I booked May last year with Travel Republic.
The stay more save more discount generally feeds through to other websites. Useful when you can get cashback on top.

A lot of people dibbers grabbed some great rates with travelrepublic last year for this summer.
Old 11 Jan 22, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I just found my confirmation for our October trip that we never got on. We were paying $350 per night for a club room at the Portofino. I really hope they do come out soon, as currently we are paying a standard rate of £400 per night for the cheapest room at the Royal pacific for our April trip!
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
60% increase for the same dates?
Universal have about 8 different price points from “value” to “holidays” prices. There’s always been a big difference between the cheapest and most expensive dates.
We stayed at Aventura twice in 2019 (beginning March/September) and once 2020 (March). Had booked last September but obviously that was cancelled….price was steady around £700 for the week, same room every time. Now, this March is costing £1100!
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List