Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 18, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by LittleMissD View Post
Thanks for the heads up. His mum gets DLA for him and Dad has a blue badge so that’s handy. If Dad’s having a bad day he won’t be able to transfer so I think it rules out lots of rides for him but my nephew will want to do the rollercoasters and will struggle with the queues.
Definitely up and ask about money back then as it doesn’t matter which adult.

I’m here now and I got my priority pass yesterday from city hall and they were lovely. I just showed my blue badge as that had my photo on it. If you show a letter you will need a passport as well.

For the parades there’s a little priority section nearby it’s a small world and it meant I could just walk up at 5:20 and get a spot to see the floats 😊
NatashaAudrey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Looks like we will need a doctors note too for our son's autism for next May.

For anyone who has done it how did you approach your GP and what did you say?

Our son has severe learning difficulties, non verbal and doesn't have the patience levels to queue for long periods.
Been to WDW several times but on our past trips to DLP have never had or needed a doctors note.
We do have one and have taken it with us on holiday several times, which does explain Joshua''s condition but it's dated 2012!

Edited at 12:22 PM.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

As your dad has a blue badge this will enable him to have a green priority pass which allows himself and four additional people to use it with him and also a free carer.

Your nephew if he is in receipt of DLA this also would allow him a green priority pass so again an additional four people included.

This explains it better,

*Priority Disability Pass
The Priority Disability Pass is usually coloured Green at Disneyland Paris & allows disabled guests & up to 4 helpers/group members priority access at certain attractions. Queuing times will be dependant on visitor numbers but is generally much less than the average standard wait times. The rules on qualification were updated in May 2018.

The Pass can be only be used if the person with the disability intends to ride the attraction. To qualify you will need an original document dated within the last 12 months showing you are in receipt of either DLA, Attendance Allowance or PIP (or your countries equivalent) certifying that you have a disability OR a European disabled Parking Badge (Blue Badge). You will also be entitled to ONE FREE CARERS ticket each day on production of the necessary documents.*

If you have booked a package with DLP you can call and explain about a guest having a disability and will be accompanied with a carer and they will refund you the ticket price for your number of days.

Just make sure you have all paperwork with you, although my daughter has a blue badge and that was all they needed to see, they asked about her condition and explained there are some rides that only allow a certain number of disabled guests can go on at a time, so whilst we could use the priority queue we may still have to wait, although we never had to wait long.

HTH
DLP 2016, 2018

Edited at 08:57 PM.
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleMissD
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlando10 View Post
Hi

As your dad has a blue badge this will enable him to have a green priority pass which allows himself and four additional people to use it with him and also a free carer.

Your nephew if he is in receipt of DLA this also would allow him a green priority pass so again an additional four people included.

This explains it better,

*Priority Disability Pass
The Priority Disability Pass is usually coloured Green at Disneyland Paris & allows disabled guests & up to 4 helpers/group members priority access at certain attractions. Queuing times will be dependant on visitor numbers but is generally much less than the average standard wait times. The rules on qualification were updated in May 2018.

The Pass can be only be used if the person with the disability intends to ride the attraction. To qualify you will need an original document dated within the last 12 months showing you are in receipt of either DLA, Attendance Allowance or PIP (or your countries equivalent) certifying that you have a disability OR a European disabled Parking Badge (Blue Badge). You will also be entitled to ONE FREE CARERS ticket each day on production of the necessary documents.*

If you have booked a package with DLP you can call and explain about a guest having a disability and will be accompanied with a carer and they will refund you the ticket price for your number of days.

Just make sure you have all paperwork with you, although my daughter has a blue badge and that was all they needed to see, they asked about her condition and explained there are some rides that only allow a certain number of disabled guests can go on at a time, so whilst we could use the priority queue we may still have to wait, although we never had to wait long.

HTH
This is so helpful thank you 😊
LittleMissD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnnysharp2 View Post
Looks like we will need a doctors note too for our son's autism for next May.

For anyone who has done it how did you approach your GP and what did you say?

Our son has severe learning difficulties, non verbal and doesn't have the patience levels to queue for long periods.
Been to WDW several times but on our past trips to DLP have never had or needed a doctors note.
We do have one and have taken it with us on holiday several times, which does explain Joshua''s condition but it's dated 2012!
Just to let you know, I wrote a letter to my son’s GP, who had originally referred him to community paediatrics for investigation into possible ADHD and ASD. Although my son won’t get an appointment for months so has no diagnosis yet, I explained to his GP that before issuing a priority pass DLP require a doctor’s letter explaining that he can get very dysregulated (violent) in queues and other social situations. He wrote a lovely letter that I’ll be taking along with his most recent DLA letter. There was a charge of £20.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Just wanted to add that we have just had £188.80 taken off our balance as my son receives DLA and I’m his carer. They did ask me to email our proof which was my sons DLA letter and my carers letter and then they sent a new invoice. So well worth doing.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List