Old 22 Sep 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
jumping on thread

If you rent DVC. Is it true no DDP, what about park tickets etc and is there housekeeping?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
jumping on thread

If you rent DVC. Is it true no DDP, what about park tickets etc and is there housekeeping?
No free DDP, you buy park tickets separately and you get minimal housekeeping. Fresh towels on day 4 and a full clean on day 8 (I think that’s right we rarely stay 8 days)

Your normal Disney hotel room doesn’t include park tickets. You have to add those on to get free dining.
Generally you should find the savings are enough to cover your food paid for out of pocket. But not necessarily the cost of buying the ddp.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
jumping on thread

No free DDP but you can buy it at the going rate. You can buy park tickets from Disney or an agent in the same way as you would with a normal hotel booking.

For stays of 7 nights or less you just get Trash and Towels on day 4 (this is in addition to the daily security/trash check), but no full housekeeping. For stays longer 8 days or more you get full housekeeping on day 4, trash and towels on day 8 etc.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve rented through the dibb before. All dinners very professional and an easy transaction. I would never have afforded to stay at the gf without fibbers dvc points x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
A lot of research went into our stay. I joined touring plans and looked at views etc, so put in a request and got nowhere. Waste of money. I think it's your pot luck with room request. The view was of the parking lot and a scrub land with a waterway and part of the quiet pool. We were the farthest from the main hotel lobby bar one room where you fill up your refillable cups which was a real pain. Because we had a studio we didn't have a washing machine/dryer and had to use the DVC one, which was the far away, again. The room only had 2 machines and one was out of order our whole stay. So we had to watch and wait on someone elses washing and even then there was sometimes someone else waiting to use the machine and we would have to go and physically sit in the room and wait. One time my DH sat waiting for the machine to finish when the person who was using the machine came back to get his washing out and apologised because he had another load to do. Someone told him that they had had to use the machine at 2 in the morning as that was the only time it was available. Our room was okay but not luxurious in any way. The furniture was badly scuffed. Our veranda was tiny. We only used the quiet pool one day as there is no bar, no drinks whatsover so you have to either go back to your room or head to the refillable machine in the main reception. They should at least have a refillable machine there.

We enjoyed the main pool, the close proximity to Epcot and the Boardwalk even though we were the furthest room from these. All we seemed to do was walk, walk, walk. More so than when we have stayed in a villa. I'm so glad I scratched that itch to stay onsite. Will never do it again. Very expensive for what it is IMHO.

It's a shame actually because it's kind of put me of Disney, which is something I never thought I'd say. It was like you were never out of the bubble even though we had a couple of days out elsewhere. I was really fed up of our room and couldn't wait to leave and head to HRH at Universal.

This is really interesting as I am sure everything you have said is 100% correct but for me none of her are issues. We have had good views and bad. I slightly prefer a good view but as long as it’s not noisy I’m not fussed. We did once have the airport check in desk outside our window and that was annoying and once we were so close to the entrance I could have hailed a cab from bed and we moved rooms.

The laundry had alway been ok for us. We tend to go when we are swimming or late at night. But it is definitely nicer in a 1 bed with your own and not having to worry about it.

None of the quiet pools on property have drinks/bars. They are just pools. We take a cooler bag down with us with some cans of pop and snacks.

And yes. You do walk a lot. And you are in the bubble. You can leave though. We eat offsite quite often but we stay there because we want to be in the bubble and I love that we can walk everywhere. Makes me really feel like we are in the magic. When we have stayed offsite I hated driving out of th bubble each night and I don’t really like the car park / tram arrangement although we do sometimes use them depending on our plans.

It is definitely horses for courses. We visited a friend’s villa. It was beautiful and spacious. Private pool. Absolutely miles from anywhere and I would have hated it. They loved it. Everyone wants something different from the holiday.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
This is really interesting as I am sure everything you have said is 100% correct but for me none of her are issues. We have had good views and bad. I slightly prefer a good view but as long as it’s not noisy I’m not fussed. We did once have the airport check in desk outside our window and that was annoying and once we were so close to the entrance I could have hailed a cab from bed and we moved rooms.

The laundry had alway been ok for us. We tend to go when we are swimming or late at night. But it is definitely nicer in a 1 bed with your own and not having to worry about it.

None of the quiet pools on property have drinks/bars. They are just pools. We take a cooler bag down with us with some cans of pop and snacks.

And yes. You do walk a lot. And you are in the bubble. You can leave though. We eat offsite quite often but we stay there because we want to be in the bubble and I love that we can walk everywhere. Makes me really feel like we are in the magic. When we have stayed offsite I hated driving out of th bubble each night and I don’t really like the car park / tram arrangement although we do sometimes use them depending on our plans.

It is definitely horses for courses. We visited a friend’s villa. It was beautiful and spacious. Private pool. Absolutely miles from anywhere and I would have hated it. They loved it. Everyone wants something different from the holiday.
You're right Bev. Horses for courses. I had a real hankering for years to stay onsite and finally did. It was myself and DH. When there were 5 of us I had no inclination for us all to stay in one room and also it was very expensive, whereas just the two of us it was a lot cheaper. We stayed at the Inn on Fifth in Naples and it was lovely. We then moved on to the Beach Club. I didn't feel it was very luxurious. Perhaps we should have stayed at the Bay Tower instead. Its a shame as I was the huge disney fan and now I have no notion to go back. It's put me off strangely. Hopefully in a few years when grandchildren come along we can all go back but we'll stay in a big villa instead.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
You're right Bev. Horses for courses. I had a real hankering for years to stay onsite and finally did. It was myself and DH. When there were 5 of us I had no inclination for us all to stay in one room and also it was very expensive, whereas just the two of us it was a lot cheaper. We stayed at the Inn on Fifth in Naples and it was lovely. We then moved on to the Beach Club. I didn't feel it was very luxurious. Perhaps we should have stayed at the Bay Tower instead. Its a shame as I was the huge disney fan and now I have no notion to go back. It's put me off strangely. Hopefully in a few years when grandchildren come along we can all go back but we'll stay in a big villa instead.
I think that the different resorts have different ‘feelings/atmosphere’ around them. For example I don’t find old key west luxurious, yet bay lake and the gf are lovely. Beach club and boardwalk rooms don’t feel luxurious to me yet the locations are amazing.

Defo try another resort if you can and see if that gives you a different opinion.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bringonthesun!
Excited about Disney

I too am thinking about this, I would like to book a couple of nights as a surprise but wasn't sure how safe if is. I've heard Dave mentioned a few times, who is this, a site I assume? Where can i find it to check prices please
Bringonthesun! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bringonthesun! View Post
I too am thinking about this, I would like to book a couple of nights as a surprise but wasn't sure how safe if is. I've heard Dave mentioned a few times, who is this, a site I assume? Where can i find it to check prices please
dvcrequest/

I'm sure you'll be amazed at the prices. I used Dave's for a few nights at AKL last month. Easy to use and no issues with the stay.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I used to own DVC but sold my points a few years ago. I know how it all works so when we decided to add an extra night to the end of our trip last year we used DVC rental store who booked us a night in Kidani. We paid less than half what paying Disney direct would have cost. Anyway quite close to our departure, I believe the points owner had given DVC rentals cause for concern on a different reservation & they were concerned our booking might be impacted last minute so as a precaution wanted to line up an alternative and paid out of pocket to book us a bunk bed room in Jambo house with a savanna view. I could see how much it cost and it was far more than double what we’d paid for in points. I guess that demonstrates there’s always a risk when someone else is making reservations on your behalf but the difference is that the middle man company made it right for us at their own expense. It wasn’t in the terms and conditions that they needed to do that either, purely offer a refund, so was excellent customer service. The room we ended up was better for us than the standard studio we’d booked and I prefer Jambo to Kidani so we were delighted especially as it was only a night & didnt need the microwave etc anyway.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List