Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Sep 18, 03:53 AM  
Link to this Post
nicola
Trying for More Ears

Im glad I crashed the honeymoon day 3 Swimming and MK

Hello and welcome to day three!

This morning we had no alarm set as we had a relaxed morning planned. We woke at 7:50 and chilled in bed for a good 3mins. I felt good and well rested! Sorry there isn’t many photos this morning as I didn’t take my phone with me but there will be plenty of photos later .

I sent Gaz off for drinks and milk again and I started getting the girls ready. This morning they had the choice or swimming of Disney spring and it was unanimous, who was I kidding, they would never choose shopping. 😂. I text the rest of the group to say we were aiming to be at the pool for 10am. Suitable covered in sun cream we were ready early and wandered over to Old Man Isle. Gaz isn’t keen on swimming so he grabbed a sun-bed in the shade and I went to get the girls life vests. They have a good availability of swim vests and I found them great for the girls. They also had plenty of towels round the pool. The had a sign about mosquitos and a big tub of repellent cream so I put some of that on myself and the girls. Touch wood, mosquitos don’t usually go for me, I put that Avon skin so soft spray on us at night time and we haven’t been bitten so far.

The girls loved the pool and went straight for the slide. I took them up thinking Matilda would be able to ride on my knee but there was a sign at the top saying one rider at a time so I went down first, trusting Amelia to look after Matilda until the traffic light turned green. She did a good job and Matilda loved it. Then came Amelia and she loved it too so off we went again. We had 5 or 6 goes down the slide when I could see my mum getting in, brilliant, it was her turn to take them 😂. Mum went round a couple of times then my dad came, then my sister. They all took the girls round over and over. They must have had loads of goes on the slide. It was now 11:15 and Matilda was shattered. She was almost falling asleep in the water so Gaz took her back to the room for a bath. I got Amelia out of the water, had a quick chat with mum and Claire about tonight’s plans, and headed back to the room. By the time we got back Matilda was in bed fast asleep.
We all had showers and had a couple of hours rest. We left the room about 1:15 for lunch. We went down to the food court again. The girls shared a shrimp platter with fries, I had a blackened chicken flatbread and Gaz had a shrimp pasta. I had box of cheddars as my side, the girls had ice cream and Gaz had a chocolate cake. This is my promise tomorrow to take pictures of food! Meal times are so chaotic with the little ones, especially in this food court where you have to order everything separately from different stations, by the time I get to my food I just eat it without thinking! I really enjoyed the flat bread and will be having that again.

At 2:30 it was time to meet everyone at the bus stop. The bus came after 5 mins and we were off to MK again.

I’m not sure why we had MK planned 3 days in a row but I’m not complaining. We had a meet Mickey fast pass for 3:30, it was a lovely meet and greet. Matilda took her time to come round to him but she soon did and she loved it. She didn’t want to leave him! 😍. It brought a tear to my eye. Her confidence is really coming on.

After this we went to Tinkerbelle. Before Mickey I picked up a DAS time for Tink, it was only a 10 min wait so by the time we were out of Mickey we could go into Tink. She was lovely and Matilda enjoyed meeting her and chatted a lot with her.

In the shop on the way out my mum and dad bought Matilda a Tinkerbelle doll as it has been her favourite thing. It was time to split up again now. Mum, dad, Claire and Chris were off to the Grand Floridian for a QS lunch.
Me, Gaz and the girls headed for our next fast pass which was a princess meet and greet. We met Amelia’s favourite, Rapunzel. I was a little bit disappointed in this meet, she didn’t say much to the girls and they just posed for a photo and moved on 😞 Amelia loved it though and that’s all the mattered.

Next was Tiana, what a contrast. This was a fab meet, she asked lots of questions, told the girls to look out for a frog, Amelia told her about the frog from yesterday and the girls had lots of hugs. I really enjoyed this.

After this we had 20 mins before our Winnie the Pooh FP so the girls and I rode the tea cups. Gaz doesn’t like spinning so he sat this one out.

It was then time for our FP for Pooh, I haven’t done this ride before and I really enjoyed it. It’s a nice bright bouncy ride and a lot of fun. In the queue for this I got a 7:10 FP for the Ariel ride as that’s where we were meeting everyone again.
It was 5pm now so we went to Pinocchio’s restaurant to get the girls some tea. They shared chicken nuggets and fries. After this we went to Philarmagic. It posted a 20 min wait but it was a walk on. This was Matilda’s first 3D show and she loved it. Amelia loved it too, I love watching the girls reaching out and trying to grab the 3D parts 😍.

After this we went onto It’s a small world. There was a 15 min wait for this and it was good. I’ve done this ride a lot in DLP and it’s mostly the same. I got a photo of the Welsh ladies!

The name bit at the end didn’t work which was a shame, I haven’t seen this before.

Then it was a quick dash to meet everyone else. Well I say quick dash, it was really busy tonight so it was more a slow weave! We were late arriving and went straight onto the mermaid ride, another really enjoyable ride and the girls loved it.

After this we went to haunted mansion. Mum got a DAS for this earlier so we walked straight into the stretchy room. We all enjoyed this ride, Matilda said she was a bit scared but I think she was fine really! 😂.

It was now 7:45 and the plan was to find a spot for Happily Ever After, get a drink and a snack and wait until it starts at 8:45. Well that was the plan. As we were walking to a spot we heard a announcement “due to unforeseen circumstances tonight’s showing of happily ever after is delayed”. Delayed? What? So at some point I’ve got the times of the show wrong and it was due to start at 7:45. Oops! infront of the castle was full, Mainstreet was full, getting anywhere with a double buggy and 6 adults wasn’t going to happen so we decided to do the fireworks another night. As we were walking to get out of the park a CM opened up a space right infront of the castle and let a load of people through, we followed and had a great spot infront of the castle. Perfect. After 5 mins the show started and it was fab! When it started the women next to me was filming it on her phone with the torch on, this was annoying but someone asked her to turn it off. I enjoyed the show but I didn’t feel as emotional as I usually get in Wishes.

After the show it was the mammoth task Of getting out. MK was open until midnight tonight so the rest of the group was staying for late night riding and me and Gaz went back to the room. The CM were really good organising the crowds and we were soon at the bus stop. We made good time and I hadn’t bumped anyone with the buggy! Phew. The bus arrived within 5 mins and we were on. Gaz was in charge of the buggy and I was in charge of the girls. We didn’t get a seat so
I had to carry Matilda and hold on and keep a eye on Amelia who was standing as well. To be fair to
Amelia she was absolutely shattered and didn’t moan once about having to stand and she held on nicely all the way! Every part of me was aching but I was glad to be on the way home. We were back at the hotel about 35 mins after the show finished. Not bad at all. We filled the drinks cups up and by 9:45 both girls were asleep.

Alarm set for tomorrow EMH in studios. Thanks for reading. Again please excuse any typos. When I get home I will fix them! 😂

Edited at 03:42 AM.
nicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Enjoying glad you got a good spot. Would have been nice if someone could have given you a seat as trying to carry sleeping child on a bus is very tricky.
Old 23 Sep 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It's lovely to see the girls getting so excited about the character meets. Princess Tiana is fab!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day glad you managed to get a good spot for the evening shows

Joan
Old 24 Sep 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great timing to get a good spot for the show!

A great day! Although when in MK when is it not
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like another great day.

Have to echo the comment above about you having to stand on the bus with two children. You would think someone would have offered their seat. Very poor show.
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List