Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Sep 13, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
nixieh
Imagineer

Barcelona Hotels that sleep 4 or 5

I am starting to look at hotels for a pre stay for next summer's Med cruise. Most of the hotels I have seen recommended only seem to sleep 2. I am looking for something reasonably central so we can do a bit of sight seeing etc. Ideally we would like something where we can all sleep in one room like the family rooms at the Hilton Gatwick but I am happy to get 2 rooms as long as they are connecting. We have often stayed together in a room for 4 as rooms for 5 are so hard to come by in Europe.

Where have other larger families stayed?

2006 4 night DCL and AKL, 2007 Poly and DCL, 2008 Beach Club and Villa,2009 Christmas, 2011 Poly and Beach Club Concierge
nixieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nixieh View Post
I am starting to look at hotels for a pre stay for next summer's Med cruise. Most of the hotels I have seen recommended only seem to sleep 2. I am looking for something reasonably central so we can do a bit of sight seeing etc. Ideally we would like something where we can all sleep in one room like the family rooms at the Hilton Gatwick but I am happy to get 2 rooms as long as they are connecting. We have often stayed together in a room for 4 as rooms for 5 are so hard to come by in Europe.

Where have other larger families stayed?
Hotel Jazz centrally located has junior corner suites that can do three to for but that's the best I have seen.

hoteljazz/accommodation-en.html

You can search for apartments to rent that might accommodate you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

How about an apartment ?- many will take 2 or 3 night lets (may even be cheaper to book for 2 nights ,even if staying just the one).

I would recommend Habitat Apartments - some stunning places in lots of locations all over Barcelona.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 13, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed in The Petit Palace Barcelona for 2 nights before our med cruise last year.

Huge Double bed and a separate area with bunk beds for the kids.

We booked it through alpha rooms and paid £320 for 2 nighs b&b.

It was a nice hotel and easy 5 min walk to Placa de catalunya.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 13, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
We stayed at the Acacia Suites hotel pre cruise and Hotel Hispanos 7 Suiza post cruise(right next to Sagrada Familia). I would highly recommend the Hispanos 7 Suiza - 2 bedrooms at an affordable price and good location. Acacia were nice but not separate bedroom but a sliding door that divided the sofa bed area and main bedroom area - nice but not as central -more residential.

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip

Edited at 10:32 PM.
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 13, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread