Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 20 Jul 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
I_Am_Groot
Proud to wear my Ears

Disney Springs

Hi last time I went to Orlando Disney springs was DTD (2 years ago) has it changed that much? We used to walk from Disney quest (which I know has gone) through to the shops then we used to hire a boat for an hour and loved it. Is this changed much?

Can someone also let me know which is the best area to park I can see they are all named after fruit now so which is the best? Thank you.
Old 20 Jul 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

You would struggle to recognise it.

Bit like the local high street in 1970 compared to 2017.

Disney332
Old 20 Jul 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Yes it has changed loads! I can't get my bearings there at all, we found the lime car park best to park and walked up through
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As Disney 332 says you just won't recognize it now - have you seen the current map below.

Car parking is great now - every space has a light over it. Green for free, red for occupied. The map will help on your choice of orange or lime car parks.

The only area that may be vaguely familiar is the Marketplace (where the big Disney store is) and bits of Westside but all the middle bit (the old Pleasure Island) is a complete re-build.

Gets mixed reviews on here as all the new shops are "high end labels"

Don't think you can hire boats anymore. That was at Captain Jacks I think and that's gone. You can still get a boat over to PO, OKW and SSR though.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/web_images/maps/DDMap.pdf

Mick
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
I_Am_Groot
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you for all your help and advice and thanks Mick for the map very useful. It's a shame about the boats we loved hiring them.
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by I_Am_Groot View Post
Thank you for all your help and advice and thanks Mick for the map very useful. It's a shame about the boats we loved hiring them.
You can get a trip in an Amphicar from the Boathouse, but not cheap. It can be added to a dining experience.
disneyworld.disney.go/di...se-restaurant/
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by I_Am_Groot View Post
Just to show that my Florida knowledge sometimes extends beyond driving and toll plazas.

Mick
Old 20 Jul 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
I_Am_Groot
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
You can get a trip in an Amphicar from the Boathouse, but not cheap. It can be added to a dining experience.
disneyworld.disney.go/di...se-restaurant/
Thank you for this
Old 20 Jul 17, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Looking at the map I didn't think it had changed much from when we were there in July/Aug 2015, when bits were closed off for building works. The amphicars were there and it looks about same other than the orange part at the bottom (south) of the map is all new, but looks to be mainly designer shops.
We parked in the Orange car park most of the time and came out by the cinema and bowling. There were lights above the spaces then (blooming genius idea! ) but have a feeling this was the only multi-storey. Keeps the cars nice and cool!

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List