Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 25 Feb 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdwsurprise View Post
Looks like St Kathy may not be able or willing to help anymore. I went direct to her after Mattie at MyMagicHoliday wasn't getting anywhere himself. The response I got was -

Dear Mr. B,

Your email has been forwarded to us by Kathy Matthews.

You have booked your holiday with a travel agent.

All your concerns must be addressed by your booking agent.

Kind Regards,

Sharon Roach
Walt Disney Travel Company International

I have replied, but they are now ignoring me. Looks like this is going nowhere. They are refusing to budge for Mattie and just keep giving him the same answer - They are refusing to speak to me entirely!
I don’t know anything about mymagicholiday but I wonder if this is the difference between booking with a travel agent and a tour operator. Kathy seems to be able to help people who booked with virgin, tui, Thomas cook who are tour operators and make bulk bookings with Disney wholesale (Kathy), whereas travel agents book with Disney uk just like we can ourselves but get a discount so any issues they have to deal with Disney U.K. (dale) so will be treated the same as anyone who booked direct with Disney.

I’ve booked with Orlando attractions and I think they just book rooms as and when they need them through Disney uk not through Disney wholesale perhaps mymagicholiday are the same.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wdwsurprise View Post
Looks like St Kathy may not be able or willing to help anymore. I went direct to her after Mattie at MyMagicHoliday wasn't getting anywhere himself. The response I got was -

Dear Mr. B,

Your email has been forwarded to us by Kathy Matthews.

You have booked your holiday with a travel agent.

All your concerns must be addressed by your booking agent.

Kind Regards,

Sharon Roach
Walt Disney Travel Company International

I have replied, but they are now ignoring me. Looks like this is going nowhere. They are refusing to budge for Mattie and just keep giving him the same answer - They are refusing to speak to me entirely!

could just be that Mattie is a smallish supplier and not liaised with by Disney Wholesale...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cocosianelle View Post
When does everyone travel?
My booking is 21 August.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

It's like banging your head against a brick wall at the moment.
Disney are not for budging on this are they! 🙁
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Snoobs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Those who have already been, what are the dust levels like at the moment? Or are they good at containing it? Xx
Old 25 Feb 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
It's like banging your head against a brick wall at the moment.
Disney are not for budging on this are they! 🙁
I don’t think they will. It’s different to last year when they had virtually everyone staying there complaining (U.K. and USA) now they have a very small minority who aren’t happy so they’re sticking to their guns, they don’t want to open the floodgates and give out thousands in compensation/free moves to keep just a few guests happy when they can get away with offering nothing (and from reading other forums it seems people are still happy to stay there). All just my opinion.

Once we get flights booked we’ve got to decide live with the tent or move to all stars and the £1k we save will be spent on food.

Edited at 04:28 PM.
Old 25 Feb 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Gosh, just watched some of the vlogs of the construction, I think if it was me I’d have to move resorts or even cancel and stay off site, I think Disney are out of order on this one, but I do wonder if last years fiasco has contributed to them digging their heels in this time, because they are being consistent which they weren’t last year, I hope you all get sorted soon
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZLocal
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
if you have booked with WDTCUK - email the people on the list I supplied

they are Directors of that ACTUAL company.
PM
Thanks. Done. Will keep you posted.
ABZLocal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’re due to arrive 5 August. DD16 chose CBR as it’s her GCSE trip and she doesn’t want to change. She reckons it’ll be fine as we can eat off site. I’m not sure if it’s worth trying to get moved (£800 to move to PO so definitely can’t afford that ) as we booked with Disney and mum’s seriously ill so we may have to cancel anyway. Just going to have to decide in June I guess before paying the hotel balance. Still haven’t got flights either yet.
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Gosh, just watched some of the vlogs of the construction, I think if it was me I’d have to move resorts or even cancel and stay off site, I think Disney are out of order on this one, but I do wonder if last years fiasco has contributed to them digging their heels in this time, because they are being consistent which they weren’t last year, I hope you all get sorted soon
We've moved from ssr to cbr to accommodate a bigger party. We did look at all resorts but they seem very busy this year with little to offer on rooms. Cbr was the best option for us and really cheap as we were offered the pricing from July 2017. Even by upgrading the regular dining plan for 5 it was cheaper than ssr for three with free dining . I'm not going to let the construction ruin the holiday for us. We're going to be in a park eating out or sleeping the majority of the time. The resort seems so big I can't imagine being inconvenienced that I would want to cancel.i hope you all get to move to a new resort but I wonder were all the rooms are. You should all get up a group and go on Facebook etc to demand compensation. Try not to let it ruin your holiday tho. It's only a small part of it.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread