Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Feb 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I’m on the east coast, and apart from it being cold it’s okay so far, my local weather is saying snow until late Wednesday, then back to normal.
I’m an emergency services worker, but currently off work, know what my colleagues will have to deal with even if we get 10foot of snow, we have to report for duty

Hopefully we will get a dusting then it will go away, wonder how much panic buying has happened today in the supermarkets lol

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
I run a team of carers with our local council and it's a nightmare for them getting around to the vulnerable people they need to get too, the districts nurses we work with struggle as well
I’m a community carer and live in Essex. I really hope it’s not going to be as bad as they are saying!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I’m a community carer and live in Essex. I really hope it’s not going to be as bad as they are saying!
I normally work as a Senior in a care home Whitstable, Kent but have recently reduced my hours. On Tuesday morning I am returning to work as a Community Carer for a few hours a week. What a week to pick to start back. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I much prefer to walking on the snow to dancing on ice😂😂😂.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Oaks79
Getting to know the DIBB

Been following gavsweathervids on YouTube and he forecasted this a few weeks back, my job is 90% outdoors so took a keen interest. This week we won't get above freezing then factor in the wind chill it's gonna feel around -8 to -15 brrrr, glad I got my month's work done on Friday.
Everywhere will see some snow showers but the real threat is a low front moving up from the bay of Biscay which could possibly bring snow blizzards for the whole of South England on Thursday night/Friday morning. One to watch that is.
Oaks79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Worried too, will see if we wake up to.it tomorrow.. ..
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

I think that the inconsistencies in the weather forecasts is due to the nature of the cause of this cold weather. My friend and her partner were telling me about this last weekend as his job requires a close watch on the weather. It's something to do with sudden stratospheric warming (somewhere cold, the arctic maybe?) causing a polar vortex which is causing rapid, cooling here. I may have got that wrong as I was reading up on it a week ago and the weather isn't my fave topic! So I think the potential is for the weather to be be both far worse than predicted and not as bad as predicted. If you live anywhere rural,or semi rural then you really need to be prepared in advance as you can't just walk to the corner if you need some milk or to buy batteries because your power went out.

Fingers crossed it won't be too bad though. Especially as my mums meant to go home on Tuesday 😂😉
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fieryannie
Imagineer

I’ll believe it when I see it...

xxx
Animal Kingdom Lodge - HRH - Aug/Sept 2012
All Star Music Resort - June/July 2009
Fieryannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Fieryannie View Post
I’ll believe it when I see it...

xxx
Same here. Managed In 2010 and will again.the whole street came out and cleared the road to the main one. Always had big snowfalls when we were kids but still everyone went to work and school ( everyone got there shovels out back then rather than depending on others to do it for them ) .
Edit: my son will be overjoyed as it’s not snowed on his birthday except the day he was born 17 yrs ago.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 11:59 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

I lived on a farm when I was younger and we often got snowed in. My father said that was no excuse not to go to school so he used to take us in his tractor😂.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
And remember "don't make a journey if you don't need to" THEN it will be "there isn't enough cars on the road to keep them clear" !

I'm in Cambridge and don't get paid if I don't work Lets hope they either get it wrong OR not too badly please...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List