Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile Linking bookings

I have linked 2 bookings on line as our friends are joining us, am I assuming that because I have linked the two we would be seated together for dining, also we are gold members and our friends will be their first cruise, would they be able to check in with us, or will it be a case of we will have to wait for them, if so prob not worth getting a early pat time.
tinkerella123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Any linked parties will be sat together yes.

You will be able to do your online check in before them and yes, your PAT may be different.

For the PAT, I'd book a later one so you can all go on together, but depending on the cruise will depend on whether the earlier slots are still available for newbies. The Dream still tends to have early PATs for newbies at 75 days out.

I would book one for around 11:30, hope they get similar, then board together on their group number.

Joa
Old 3 Oct 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Thanks bats, I will do that then, would I be able book exursions for them or does the same rule apply. This will be our 10th cruise on Dcl but first time to ever take any friends with us so it's all new, gutted we won't be platinum this time around.
tinkerella123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
Thanks bats, I will do that then, would I be able book exursions for them or does the same rule apply. This will be our 10th cruise on Dcl but first time to ever take any friends with us so it's all new, gutted we won't be platinum this time around.
Same rules apply I'm afraid.
The only way to change it is to swap 1 person from each cabin .. so if you're with your husband, move him to their cabin and then shift one of them to yours.
The whole cabin would then have Gold status and could book altogether.
Once onboard, you go to Guest Services and ask for a spare KTTW card so your husband can open your room and vice versa. They sort out all charges etc, it's easy, we did it in February.

Joa
Old 6 Oct 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Same rules apply I'm afraid.
The only way to change it is to swap 1 person from each cabin .. so if you're with your husband, move him to their cabin and then shift one of them to yours.
The whole cabin would then have Gold status and could book altogether.
Once onboard, you go to Guest Services and ask for a spare KTTW card so your husband can open your room and vice versa. They sort out all charges etc, it's easy, we did it in February.

Joa
Wow that's a good tip, I will try and do that , someone on the dibb has Also mentioned that they cancelled and rebooked, as the price has come down by £338.00 for my booking alone.
Old 9 Oct 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Wow that's a good tip, I will try and do that , someone on the dibb has Also mentioned that they cancelled and rebooked, as the price has come down by £338.00 for my booking alone.
You wouldn't need to cancel and rebook.
If you booked direct, just call them and ask them to apply the reduced amount.
If you booked with a US TA, ask them to do same for you.
If you booked via a UK TA, you are probably stumped as you'd not be able to cancel without a fee and that fee may, or may not, similar to the saving.

Hope that helps
Joa

p.s. You don't need to rebook to move the people around either. As long as the lead name stays the same for each cabin, move someone else across.
Old 9 Oct 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Thanks bat, I have booked direct, with the swap around will I have to ring them, I have managed to link the two bookings together. I can see their booking when I log in. Also if I do need to ring them do I tell them why I am doing a swapsy or don't they mind.

Edited at 08:57 PM.
Old 10 Oct 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks bat, I have booked direct, with the swap around will I have to ring them, I have managed to link the two bookings together. I can see their booking when I log in. Also if I do need to ring them do I tell them why I am doing a swapsy or don't they mind.
They won't care why. If you are the lead name on your cabin and Mildred (first name I thought of, sorry!) is lead in the other one, they stay the same.
Swap your partners over on the booking. So it will end up like this:

Room 1
Adult 1: You (gold castaway)
Adult 2: Fred Bloggs (newbie)

Room 2:
Adult 1: Mildred
Adult 2: Your husband

Easy peasy!
Joa
Old 10 Oct 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Ok so if I do this when I check in to get my pat time they should be able to get the same time. Thanks bats, then I just go to guest services and sort out room cards.
Old 12 Oct 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Bats;12887964]They won't care why. If you are the lead name on your cabin and Mildred (first name I thought of, sorry!) is lead in the other one, they stay the same.
Swap your partners over on the booking. So it will end up like this:

Room 1
Adult 1: You (gold castaway)
Adult 2: Fred Bloggs (newbie)

Room 2:
Adult 1: Mildred
Adult 2: Your husband

Thanks bats, gave dcl a call and it was no issue changing names over, the lady new exactly what & why I changed over, at least we can all board the same time now and be able to book excursions earlier. This is why we love going on Disney cruises as they're customer service is excellent.