Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 13, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
We sailed on Freedom of the Sea's last year in the Caribbean and looking at doing another cruise next year.

This is on my bucket list. I'm waiting patiently on the prices etc being released.
Ian and I were talking about Freedom of the Seas and Ian love it and I was reading another forum that people think it will be high price for Oasis ?

Just wait and see

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 13, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Will be interesting to see this down in Southampton. I hope they do some mini cruise tasters on it or ship visits!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 13, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
I hope they do some mini cruise tasters on it or ship visits!
my thoughts exactly
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 13, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Saw this on another site last night.
We were talking cruises the other day and DS who is 16 said he would love to go Royal Caribbean again as long as it wasn't "that great big huge one with the balconies facing in the way".

Shame, as the transatlantic falls perfectly in his school holiday next year.
Old 28 Mar 13, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post

We were lucky enough a few years ago to sail on the Freedom of the seas and then on a Disney cruise after. We have brilliant pics of us standing on our balcony on Freedom with The Magic in the back ground and visa versa. We liked the ship but personally it just didn't have that Magic that the Disney ships seem too. We thought with the girls being older it would appeal to them more but nope even they said they prefered Disney. Don't get me wrong I would sail With RCL and would love to sail on the Oasis of the Seas but the price would have to be right as would the timing and of course if Im to be honest if there was a Disney cruise available that ticked all the boxes at the same time Disney would be the liner we would choose.
Happy Sailing
Chucklechops
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 13, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by CHUCKLECHOPS View Post
We were lucky enough a few years ago to sail on the Freedom of the seas and then on a Disney cruise after. We have brilliant pics of us standing on our balcony on Freedom with The Magic in the back ground and visa versa. We liked the ship but personally it just didn't have that Magic that the Disney ships seem too. We thought with the girls being older it would appeal to them more but nope even they said they prefered Disney. Don't get me wrong I would sail With RCL and would love to sail on the Oasis of the Seas but the price would have to be right as would the timing and of course if Im to be honest if there was a Disney cruise available that ticked all the boxes at the same time Disney would be the liner we would choose.
Happy Sailing
Chucklechops
At freedom of the Seas, we had the huge balcony as back of the ship and we took the pictures of Disney Dream...

After that cruise, we asked our kids which one is best Disney or RCI but kids said they like both!

Oh I would love to sail with Oasis of the Seas too.. of course, wrong times, wrong dates. We already booked with Disney Tranny too.

My brother said oh he would have book Oasis right away but he got pay off since Jan. and he is disappointed with it.

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Here you are I found this info.

Oasis of the Seas will leave Port Everglades, its homeport since December 2009, on Sept. 1 on a 12-night trans-Atlantic cruise to Barcelona. The world’s largest cruise ship will offer a series of cruises from the Spanish port – two five-night round-trip Western Mediterranean sailings and a seven-night sailing to Rotterdam – before heading to drydock in Képpel Verolme shipyard in the Netherlands for routine maintenance.

Oasis will return to Port Everglades on a 13-night trans-Atlantic cruise on Oct. 14, departing from Rotterdam and calling at Southampton where UK passengers can join the ship to sail across the Atlantic.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
winotracy
Excited about Disney

4 weeks from today I'll be cruising on Oasis of the Seas. I thought this ship was too big for me until I toured it and it didn't seem overwhelming at that time. We'll see what I think being on it for a week though

We have a boardwalk facing balcony, all the way at the end so we can still see the ocean pretty well, plus we'll get great seats for the AquaTheater shows without waiting
winotracy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Shortcake
Imagineer

We're sailing on the Oasis in Sept i can't wait We sailed from Southampton last time on the Independence and its so easy looking forward to have look where its sailing
RC Med Cruise on the Anthem of the seas Sept 2015
San Fransisco , Vegas & LA Sept 2016
Shortcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 13, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have any of you sailed as couples on RC?
I think the ships look fab for families, especially those with teens, but we like Princess and Celebrity for the slightly more adult atmosphere.
Saying that, we're trying DCL after this year
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread