Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 13, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Disney 4 night Med cruise

Hi...has anyone done a four night Med Disney cruise? is it worth it for four nights?
We are looking to take our 2 DGDs in the summer...they will be 8 and 5.
Not sure if to go for the cruise or DLP ...any ideas?

Thanks.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 13, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Hi...has anyone done a four night Med Disney cruise? is it worth it for four nights?
We are looking to take our 2 DGDs in the summer...they will be 8 and 5.
Not sure if to go for the cruise or DLP ...any ideas?

Thanks.
I am a little biased, but CRUISE CRUISE CRUISE CRUISE!

We went on one of the 4 night Med cruises this year and although we didn't take our grand wizards, there were plenty of children on board.
I would say though that there are a lot more Spanish children on board, but Spanish families don't tend to put their children in the clubs, so they were quite empty!

Look at the prices before you make a decision though .. DLP can really add up, but I guess it would be cheaper than DCL .. is it as good? For me, no it's not, but for the DLP lovers, it is!

I'm not much help really, but I would try the cruise. The children would have much more time with characters without being pushed out of the way, great food all included, childrens club that actually entertain and shows that will keep them smiling for hours.

What's not to love?!
Old 4 Sep 13, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
I haven't been to DLP, but I have friends who have and all of them didn't care for it. But equally there are lots of people on here who like it. It doesn't appeal to me, as unpredictable weather, not that many rides or shows compared to WDW. Hotels are mega expensive, the Disney ones anyway, it's in Euro land expensive and you have to pay out for food which is expensive.

DCL. Beautiful ship, fantastic staff, nothing much extra to pay for, unless you want to eat in Palo ( no kids allowed in there), or you drink alcohol and or fancy coffee's. the food is excellent on board, free room service. Larger staterooms than other cruise lines. The sideways inside cabin we had on our DCL cruise was as big as our balcony cabin on Carnival not including the balcony part. The insides that I saw on Carnival were diddy.

Loads and loads to do for the kids.

Have I sold it to you yet?

If it was a choice of the two, another vote for the cruise.

Edit don't forget to factor in the cost of the tips, and if you like alcohol, you can take it onboard, they don't mind.

Edited at 07:01 PM.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 13, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Having done both DLP & DCL cruise, I would pick the cruise every time as well my kids cruised when they were 6&4 & they both said it was awesome
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 13, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Did our first Disney Cruise as a 4 night this August and loved it. Would definitely recommend. Plenty for kids to do and you get some free time too. I have done Paris 4 times too and it is ok but I found the cruise more relaxing. My daughter is 10 and she spent a lot of time in the clubs.

We have booked again for 7 nights next year so got to be good!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 13, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Hi ...thanks for all your replies...we are going to book the four night cruise for next year...DIL has told them already...there goes my big reveal
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 13, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Hi ...thanks for all your replies...we are going to book the four night cruise for next year...DIL has told them already...there goes my big reveal
Ha ha ... If its any consolation, I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret either!
Old 16 Sep 13, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi jet.. Is that the Palma & Ibiza cruise? If so I'm counting down the days to this!
Old 16 Sep 13, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minximom View Post
Hi jet.. Is that the Palma & Ibiza cruise? If so I'm counting down the days to this!
Hi...yes it is and I cannot wait either!...looking forward now to talking about it and getting things together with the DGDs
Old 18 Sep 13, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post

That's great Jet! Are you looking to participate in a fish extender gift exchange? I hope one is arranged for our cruise...
Closed Thread