Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Sep 13, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cupcakefairy View Post
Thank you no doubt ill indulge in a bit of shopping xx

Yeah and its not our first time either so we arent doing Bush Gardens or Seaworld etc I just think be nice to do something a little special. We were considering a 2 night stay in the grand floridian but I would prefer to do this x
I love the Polynesian and Contempory, I have had meals in the GF but didn't like it. The cruise whilst expensive is good value when you think of what's included.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 13, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
I love the Polynesian and Contempory, I have had meals in the GF but didn't like it. The cruise whilst expensive is good value when you think of what's included.
I think the cruise appeals as we can say yeah we went to Florida oh and the Bahamas ha ha and its something very special and nice 3 night break away from madness of the parks x

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 13, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post

I think the cruise appeals as we can say yeah we went to Florida oh and the Bahamas ha ha and its something very special and nice 3 night break away from madness of the parks x
Agree sounds good!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 13, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
Agree sounds good!
Now to convince hubby to be lol x

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 13, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Our very first holiday to Florida about 16 years ago had a three day cruise included...it was really good and started our love of cruising!
It is like having another holiday in one...go for it!
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 13, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Not only the Bahamas, but Disney's private island to boot!
Loads to do there .. Bike riding, snorkelling, jet skis, para sailing, or just chillaxing on the adult only beach called Serenity Bay.
All of the activities are extra money, but the last one is free! Oh, I suppose snorkelling is too if you bring your own stuff (I would anyway)!

Definitely try a 4 night if you can as the day at sea gives you the chance to really explore the boat.
Over here in the cruise forum, we are a little biased, but give me a DCL cruise over 2 nights at the GF any day of the week .. GF is nice, but ultimately it's another hotel room, just has different decor to the others!

Edited at 09:35 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 13, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Not only the Bahamas, but Disney private island to boot!
Loads to do there .. Bike riding, snorkelling, jet skis, para sailing, or just chillaxing on the adult only each called Serenity Bay.
All of the activities are extra money, but the last one is free! Oh, I suppose snorkelling is too if you bring you down stuff (I would anyway)!

Definitely try a 4 night if you can as the day at sea gives you the chance to really explore the boat.
Over here in the cruise forum, we are a little biased, but give me a DCL cruise over 2 nights at the GF any day of the week .. GF is nice, but ultimately it's another hotel room, just has different decor to the others!
Oh will love the cycling so I can use that as my selling point

If you state it's your honeymoon do they leave you anything in the room like a nice card xx

Old 14 Sep 13, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

We are getting married in Florida next April and have added a 3 day cruise in our second week of 3. I love seeing new places and have been desperate to go on a cruise so this is perfect for me. We will take our own alcohol on board and keep cocktails to a minimum. We aren't doing any excursions and will just enjoy the ship. Hopefully this will mean costs will be kept down.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 13, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Our very first holiday to Florida about 16 years ago had a three day cruise included...it was really good and started our love of cruising!
It is like having another holiday in one...go for it!
I can feel the sand on my toes already ha ha just OH needs a little persuading x

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
We are getting married in Florida next April and have added a 3 day cruise in our second week of 3. I love seeing new places and have been desperate to go on a cruise so this is perfect for me. We will take our own alcohol on board and keep cocktails to a minimum. We aren't doing any excursions and will just enjoy the ship. Hopefully this will mean costs will be kept down.
Ohhh congrats! hope your doing a trip report Yeah we dont drink too much tbh odd cocktail here and there xx

Old 14 Sep 13, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Oh will love the cycling so I can use that as my selling point

If you state it's your honeymoon do they leave you anything in the room like a nice card xx
You can have your TA mark your ressie with a note about it being your honeymoon, but like all of Disney, there's no guarantee of any gift.

You may get a special cake presented to you at dinner if you let your servers know its your h/moon and you may get something if you book Palp or Remy (adult only restaurants that cost more).