Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 13, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Talk to me about DCL

DH hates boats (sea sick! ) but he might just be persuaded to do a small DCL cruise next year.

I am looking at the Wonder for 4 nights in a verandah stateroom on Oct 6th 2014 as this includes 2 nights at CC so less time sailing

I think 3 nights might be too short & the Oct sailing from Miami is a lot of sea time.

Where do I start - what do I need to know? Is t best to book direct with Disney?

Is the Wonder a "good" ship or are the others better?

Pen poised for note taking!

Katie x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 13, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
DH hates boats (sea sick! ) but he might just be persuaded to do a small DCL cruise next year.

I am looking at the Wonder for 4 nights in a verandah stateroom on Oct 6th 2014 as this includes 2 nights at CC so less time sailing

I think 3 nights might be too short & the Oct sailing from Miami is a lot of sea time.

Where do I start - what do I need to know? Is t best to book direct with Disney?

Is the Wonder a "good" ship or are the others better?

Pen poised for note taking!

Katie x

The wonder is a great ship and its full stabilised as well.

You can book direct on there website or book through a USA travel agent, a few a recommended here look at the recent threads on that.

For seasickness see this good guide.

traveltips.usatoday/preve...uise-1777.html

Select a mid ship room, and on a mid deck, not low as it feels the vibration of the sea and the dinginess, do not book aft or forward.

Lots of entertainment on board the shows are great.

All food generally included unless you want to book an adult meal at Oslo, or some room service items pre packaged.

I personally would recommend a verandah room as getting fresh sir and viewing the horizon will help prevent seasickness but all rooms are generally good.

Seasickness occurs normally with mixed signals to your brain, ears detect movement eyes say walls do not move, same principle if you read a paper in a car as a passenger and feel sick but if you drive you do not feel sick.

The Wonder as said is nice it's an older classic ship, look at my blog in the signature line as I was on it last month, lots of photos.

But there are newer ships the dream and fantasy, dream has short cruises as well, they are bigger carry 4000 not 2400 people but as new move far less.

Search this forum for views, search the Internet for navigators for short wonder cruises there the ship activity guide.

If you book with a USA TA they may give you on board credits, but it's in dollars the rate is reasonable now but there is always a risk, booking online at the DCL site is in pounds. A good USA TA will give you quotes and advice, go for one with an address and phone number not an Internet based one only.

Edited at 09:06 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 13, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you for your advice Disney Fantasy .

If you don't mind could you explain briefly what the relevance of the different categories are? On the cruise I mentioned an 05E is cheaper than an 05C.

I can't see why unless it relates to the type of verandah?

I'll bear in mind your advice about the new ships moving less as I need ALL the persuading tools to work on DH!

Many thanks

Katie x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 13, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Thank you for your advice Disney Fantasy .

If you don't mind could you explain briefly what the relevance of the different categories are? On the cruise I mentioned an 05E is cheaper than an 05C.

I can't see why unless it relates to the type of verandah?

I'll bear in mind your advice about the new ships moving less as I need ALL the persuading tools to work on DH!

Many thanks

Katie x
Basically they are sub categories so on a Cat level they sub divide ABCD, A is best, so A might be midship, B a bit further out from midship, so the cost goes down, it's down to location ,grade, and view.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 13, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread