Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Sep 13, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Disney Wonder

Booked a 7 night Alaskan cruise on the Wonder for next August - we NEVER book holidays this far in advance!

After having 4 family holidays to Florida (3 in a row), I said we needed a break next year (well I said that this year, but ended up caving in!)

This year we did a 3 night Disney cruise around the Bahamas and got the "Disney Cruise Bug" and realised it just wasn't long enough!

So if we do Alaska, we get to see another part of the world, which looks beautiful and get our Disney fix too! Our daughters (almost 13 and 10) just love all the characters and found the interaction on the ship fantastic.

We need to search for flights, but have until April to either cancel, change dates or even change cruise if we decide it is not for us.

I have been reading some reviews of the Wonder now and some people don't seem to rate it very highly. I know it is older than the Dream, but am hoping will enjoy it just as much if not more because of the scenery.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
The Wonder is a beautiful ship .. The first one we went on.
She's much more compact than the newer ships, but that's what a lot of people like about it.

She's beautiful and as she's having a little refurb before you see her, she should look all new and shiny for you!
Old 21 Sep 13, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
The Wonder is a beautiful ship .. The first one we went on.
She's much more compact than the newer ships, but that's what a lot of people like about it.

She's beautiful and as she's having a little refurb before you see her, she should look all new and shiny for you!
Thank you - that is good to know. When does she go in for refurb and what will they be doing?
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
It's only a small refurb, not like the Magic, but she'll be all spruced up. I think they said March
Old 21 Sep 13, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Booked a 7 night Alaskan cruise on the Wonder for next August - we NEVER book holidays this far in advance!

After having 4 family holidays to Florida (3 in a row), I said we needed a break next year (well I said that this year, but ended up caving in!)

This year we did a 3 night Disney cruise around the Bahamas and got the "Disney Cruise Bug" and realised it just wasn't long enough!

So if we do Alaska, we get to see another part of the world, which looks beautiful and get our Disney fix too! Our daughters (almost 13 and 10) just love all the characters and found the interaction on the ship fantastic.

We need to search for flights, but have until April to either cancel, change dates or even change cruise if we decide it is not for us.

I have been reading some reviews of the Wonder now and some people don't seem to rate it very highly. I know it is older than the Dream, but am hoping will enjoy it just as much if not more because of the scenery.
Our family went to Vancouver and Alaska last month on the Disney Wonder. Firstly you have booked a great cruise!

Flights, whilst no panic to buy flights now I found Virgin and BA do book up by say Easter, whilst some seats available after that as it's limited the price goes up. So do not leave it go the last minute and if either have a sake go for it then.

We stayed at the pan pacific hotel centrally located and on top of the cruise terminal lifts go directly to the terminal.

The cruise was fantastic far better than our plans.

You may wish to research booking your eon private tours, fir example our misty fjords float plane which was a private charter for us was cheaper than the ship one with other people there. We booked helicopters to glaciers ourselves and had a glacier go us and the pilot.

I have a photo blog and trip report on Alaska,

alaskawaltwhales.blogspot/

August was a fantastic time for us salmon runs good weather and it was very educational for the kids.

We went to San Francisco afterwards you can get open jaw flights and it's well worth it, LA and New York are also feasible.

We did two shore trips in each port as the ship is normally in a long time if the day.

The sea days also have great views as well of the land and also of sealife.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
It's only a small refurb, not like the Magic, but she'll be all spruced up. I think they said March
Wonder will dry dock in January and it's only a hull and maintenance job.
Old 21 Sep 13, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

We've only been on the Wonder so can't compare it to the Dream but I think its a lovely ship and Alaska is amazing.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 13, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
We've only been on the Wonder so can't compare it to the Dream but I think its a lovely ship and Alaska is amazing.
Having been on the Fantasy and Wonder and dream I can compare overall they are Disney ships, service entertainment characters food is generally all the same, it is nearly just dream and fantasy are newer bigger have more people snd have aqua duck, I like the classics smaller less bus like more personal. Newer ships have more stability but that doesn't matter in Alaska
Old 21 Sep 13, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
Wonder will dry dock in January and it's only a hull and maintenance job.
Super, thanks
Old 21 Sep 13, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread