Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Oct 13, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lozzylou
slightly serious Dibber

Disney Cruise

Not sure where to post this but has anyone done a Disney Caribieen Cruise and if so was it from Miami or Port Canaveral and in honest opinopn What was the cruise like

thanks
lozzylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

You need to look on the cruise threads... lots of info there
Maybe the mods can move this question for you...

Disney Cruises are FAB
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We have not cruised with Disney but have adult friends who have more than once. They said it was great the staff were very attentive and there are parts of the ship which are adult only. The Caribbean cruise with Disney was their first one and not their last.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lots of info on the cruise forum, pics, trippies and a sticky with more info on.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post

We went on a 3 night cruise on the Disney Dream in October last year as part of our holiday in Florida. Unfortunately Hurricane Sandy hit the area and Disney in their wisdom decided to let the cruise go ahead. I will not go into the full details, just to say that we were unable to dock anywhere, my daughter was very ill and it ruined the last week of our holiday once we got back as we were so disorientated. I think the potential was there for it to have been a very enjoyable cruise, but our experience has totally put us off ever cruising again. The only advice I would give you is to do not cruise in a Hurricane, even if Disney assures you that they would not put your safety at risk.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 13, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Welcome to the cruise forum!

I would take info about hurricanes lightly ... Hurricane Sandy was an exceptional storm which changed course a fair few times. No cruise line was to know the course of it, and most sailings went ahead. I think it was only a few of the less stable ships that didn't. A ship is actually safer out in the water rather than docked too. The PP obviously had a horrible time and I have empathy with them for that, but nobody else should be put off cruising because of one incident. Incidentally, we have cruised during 'hurricane season' plenty and never had anything but glorious sunshine, so you see, one incident should not over rule everything else. DCL or any other cruise line come to that, would NOT deliberately risk your safety .. The ships are not staffed by heartless people who don't have families of their own to go home too.

On to DCL cruises then .. In the sticky at the top of the forum, you will find a ton of information about what ships have what on board, stateroom info, dining, shopping and all manner of things. That should be your first stop.

There are 3 ships sailing the Caribbean at any one time, but it does da whereabouts you wish to go as to which ship to jump on.
The Fantasy does 7 night western and eastern Caribbean trips, the Dream does 3 and 4 nights trips to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay ((Disneys private island) and the Wonder is doing some trips out of Miami at times. The Magic is having her refurb done before also joining the other 3.

Plenty of choice though.
Old 4 Oct 13, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post

We have just returned from a Wester Caribean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy. The leaving port was Port Canaveral. The Cruise was great, the weather wasn't to great though as we had rain on 6 out of 7 days.the only day which was shining was. The Castaway cay day, which is Disneys own Beautiful Island.

This is our 3rd Cruise with Disney, we love the Ships and the food is good and plenty for Kids to do. There are also loads of snack options for kids on the ship. The soda is included in the price.
There are great kids clubs, and plenty of Adult Clubs to attend after kids Bedtime hours.
I honestly didn't really enjoy the port stops this Cruise, because of the weather but mostly because I don't think the Western Carribean Ports have any wonderful things to offer. You really do have to do excursions or pay for Beach Days in the Mexican Ports.

I would do the Eastern if doing the Carribean. The ship, staff, food, amenities, staterooms, Quality of Everything on the ship, there I Definately have No Complaints with.
Only the Western Carribean ports I will complain about.

We have done the Disney Wonder on a 3night Bahamian and also the Disney Dream on a 4night Bahamian. They were great ships also.

Edited at 08:19 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 13, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread