Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Oct 16, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Mickeys Christmas party

Hi looking to do this is it worth the money?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

IMO it's worth the money if you haven't got Disney tickets anyway! but if you've already paid a fortune for tickets I wouldn't personally pay extra for it, we have booked for this Dec but only because we haven't got Disney tickets
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It depends. If you are there the actual week of Christmas they show the Christmas parade at MK in the evening anyway. Or at least they did in 2010. The fireworks were also magnificent at the party. Hot chocolate and cookies a nothing really and rides just the same.
Old 22 Oct 16, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
If you already have park tickets then I would say no.

We have been to MNSSHP several times so were looking forward to the Christmas party. It was awful, the place was absolutely heaving and the "sweep" of the park didn't work, at no point was I asked to show my band all night and it was completely covered by my coat the whole time.

The parade is brilliant and the fireworks are good (not as great as the Halloween ones though) so worth thinking about if you are not in the park for the week that they are being shown at normal times.

I had such a horrible time that I complained to guest services when I returned home and I was compensated. It was the only time in 13 trips that I have ever felt a need to complain but I was so disappointed that I felt i had to.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

As we only go to Orlando for this and don't have Disney tickets (as the other person mentioned above) then yes it's worth it for us to get our Xmas fix, snow on mainstream and parade. We have plenty of opportunity to get on all the rides and it's a lovely evening. Last year they REALLY did sweep and check people's wristbands which I was pleased with as the previous year it was busy because people were staying in from the day time and bands were not being checked. As we always go at this time of year this is the only way we do Magic Kingdom now / Disney .
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tolton
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We went for the first time last year and absolutely loved it.

Rides were all quiet. Parade
was great. Extra shows were outstanding. Atmosphere was the best we've known it.

In fact the DW and I agree that it was one of the most enjoyable nights we've ever had. Highly recommend it.
tolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Redsox77 View Post
As we only go to Orlando for this and don't have Disney tickets (as the other person mentioned above) then yes it's worth it for us to get our Xmas fix, snow on mainstream and parade. We have plenty of opportunity to get on all the rides and it's a lovely evening. Last year they REALLY did sweep and check people's wristbands which I was pleased with as the previous year it was busy because people were staying in from the day time and bands were not being checked. As we always go at this time of year this is the only way we do Magic Kingdom now / Disney .
I am pleased to hear that, there were whole families camped by the castle and along Mainstreet at 6pm with picnic blankets and coolers full of food and there were obviously no party bands to be seen. I spoke to a CM who said if they didn't try to move out of the hub area there was nothing they could do as they weren't allowed to go and tell them to leave! The MNSSHP sweep always seemed much better and we had to show wristbands to enter rides and restaurants so I am glad they have adopted the same policy.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mallky555 View Post
IMO it's worth the money if you haven't got Disney tickets anyway! but if you've already paid a fortune for tickets I wouldn't personally pay extra for it, we have booked for this Dec but only because we haven't got Disney tickets
Snap!
We don't have Disney tickets this year so bought our MVMCP tickets for our DS's 8th birthday. If we had Disney tickets we wouldn't have. Out the party ones too. A wonderful experience though ☺️🎄
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 16, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaupink
Helping Mickey

Will 7 dwarves mine train be easier to get on on one of these nights? I'm hoping so cause can't get a fast pass for love nor money 😬
Beaupink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 16, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Ive been wondering the same!

I just found this from 2014 for wait times for one of the nights.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread