Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Oct 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scotgirl
VIP Dibber

scotgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were selected almost every time as well. Mostly I think because we went through the no bag line. Hardly took any time but was a pain being selected all the time.
Old 24 Oct 16, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris106
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

To be honest we went to AK yesterday for the second time this holiday and found the car parking and security chaotic to say the least, it was if it was some kind of new staff training day! Cars backed up in car park, then sent down already full lanes , cones blocking spaces etc and security no better, we all commented it was so unlike the usually super efficient system!
Chris106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 16, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Sorry, but I can't agree with you. The system has worked ok for a while now and continues to work without major holdups so there is not any chaos.
Old 24 Oct 16, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

The effectiveness of the security, is evidenced by the number of issues in the park.

Guest safety is paramount, whether it be, inconvenient, inefficient or otherwise.

Without a knowledge of anti terrorism, and the methods used (visual and otherwise) by each organisation,i would not comment.

Disney332
Old 24 Oct 16, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

I'm not saying it's a problem I'm happy to wait in line whilst they do the checks I was only comparing universals modern efficient approach to what is disneys approach. And it was chaotic yesterday morning. I was there.
Maybe Disney will catch up next year. In fact I'm convinced when we return in August there will be full airport style security like universals. I for one will be happy.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 16, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
I personally don't see the point of the security checks but would not say it's chaotic. Far from it. We always found it an easy process. The only problem was people who couldn't be bothered to unzip bags just before the check which prolonged the search.

As I said don't see the point but definitely not a problem.
They have had a number of serious cases involving firearms being used in parks.

I don't like being held up, but rather that than some lunatic firing a gun inside a packed theme park.

Someone mentioned AK. A gun was found on the Dinosaur ride. Some idiot dropped his concealed weapon, which he apparently believed was permitted in the parks. He had a licence to carry I might add, but still. A child could have found it and thought it was a toy.

Without making this sound even more scary Disney has to be a prime target for you know who. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, or at least a plot hasn't been foiled. Maybe it has, maybe they keep them secret for fear of the commercial impact?!?
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 16, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed onsite at Universal so went through the onsite screening but to be honest I didn't feel it was anywhere near as thorough as the Disney bag checks. Most of the time my bag was barely looked at but in Disney every single pocket of my multiple pocket bag was checked thoroughly. I would like to see everyone going through metal detectors at Disney too (infact it took me 3 days to realise everyone didn't go through it as I just kept joining the line for the detector regardless, I didn't know they asked you to go through!.) but I definitely think they have the bag checks better than Universal.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmandi
Excited about Disney

Emmandi's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 27
Mobile

Let's play "Would You Rather..."

Would you rather:
A) Be delayed for ten minutes and not get murdered by some imbecile with a gun

Or

B) Get into Main Street 5 minutes sooner and get shot?

Ooh that won't happen...except without security, it will, sooner or later. So I say well done Disney. Yes they don't check everyone but the chance they will check is enough to deter most of these idiotic morons who want to create some kind of spectacle.
Emmandi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stephen2203
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

wdwinfo/news-stories/...-gun-to-epcot/

Goes to show that security is effective.
stephen2203 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

I read that yesterday, why would anyone want to take a gun into Epcot? Unless they are up to no good! Crazy, glad they have the scanners, may see more of them now.
I work at Pleasure Beach & everyone goes through a scanner, have done for about 5 years now.
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread