dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Looks amazing so far.
Thank you

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Oo loving it . I love chef mickeys and we loved Tony’s . We booked it due to your last report with it in. The mozerella was lovely and the parade viewing fabulous.
Your food court looks amazing , ours was poor to say the least .

Mr kamals 😍😍😍😍😍😍enough said
Glad you enjoyed Tony's. I really liked it both times.

Which resort were you at? My love of the foodcourt continues throughout this report, food was always good and staff really friendly.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Thank you

Glad you enjoyed Tony's. I really liked it both times.

Which resort were you at? My love of the foodcourt continues throughout this report, food was always good and staff really friendly.
Yacht unfortunately
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were there on the 19th after arriving on the 18th. And boy did it rain! So much so that our room (on the top floor) at Hard Rock leaked so bad we had to be moved! There were 2 buckets full of water in the end.

Also rained unbelievably a couple of days later if you remember, which was some spectacle too! 🤦🏽 DH and Dds were caught in that one at HHN, it really did become a little dangerous with the thunder and lightning. 😬

I wish we tried Restaurantasourus, I cancelled it in favour of Yak and Yeti (where the food was to spicy hot to eat!) I’ve heard it may be closing the burgers and sundaes part? I hope not.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
Mobile

Following along, all looks great so far. Our next trip will be with DS who is also fussy
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We were there on the 19th after arriving on the 18th. And boy did it rain! So much so that our room (on the top floor) at Hard Rock leaked so bad we had to be moved! There were 2 buckets full of water in the end.

Also rained unbelievably a couple of days later if you remember, which was some spectacle too! 🤦🏽 DH and Dds were caught in that one at HHN, it really did become a little dangerous with the thunder and lightning. 😬

I wish we tried Restaurantasourus, I cancelled it in favour of Yak and Yeti (where the food was to spicy hot to eat!) I’ve heard it may be closing the burgers and sundaes part? I hope not.

Kat
Oh goodness that sounds bad with the leaking roof. Yes we were at Hollywood Studios and couldn’t exit frozen ride due to rain on the Monday.

I think burgers and sundaes is a trial. It wasn’t very busy when we were there. I thought it was good would definitely do it again if they still offer it.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by sammi71 View Post
Following along, all looks great so far. Our next trip will be with DS who is also fussy
Thank you 😊
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 4 Part 1

Sunday 20th October

Breakfast

Be Our Guest MK

After our early night we made it to MK for 7am EMH. It was still dark.

We did some rides including 7 dwarves and then went to our 8am BOG adr. I'd pre ordered. Couldn't understand why you wouldn't? We ate here twice and both times there was a long line to order and a cm just stood there waiting for people to pay who had pre ordered so no wait at all.

I'd ordered 1 QS to share. As the meal comes with same size plate of pastries no matter if 1 or 2 order and DD only drinks water at breakfast anyway it seemed silly to over order.

We chose a nice seat by the windows in the ballroom. We were served quickly with our food. DD had water, I had coffee and a peach bellini.

We chose the Gastons feast. DD had the bacon and sausage, me the potatoes, eggs and fruit. I had to ask for ketchup which is kept in a fridge near the drinks.

We shared some of the pastries, they were all nice except the wholemeal croissant which was very dry.

Enough for us to share and very quick in and out.

$29 plus tax for the meal and coffee and $11 for bellini or 1 QS

We enjoyed this. No way is it worth $40 but its great value for 1 QS.

I managed to get another adr for Saturday as we had enjoyed it.

1 QS or $40 plus tax $42.60

Starbucks main street bakery

1 snack or $5.29 plus tax $5.63 on a trenta very berry hibiscus for DD

The donuts looked good

This was our longest line of the morning!

Cinnamon roll looked good too

Sweet shop on Main street

Looked but didn't buy

Old 20 Nov 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 4 continued

California Grill Brunch

Contemporary resort

I'd been looking forward to this. We'd been once before 3 years ago. We'd both got a new dress to wear and changed at the Contemorary after getting the monorail over from MK.

On arrival I was given a pineapple mimosa but nothing for DD. Last time there had been a non alcoholic grape juice option.

We sat and waited to be seated in the bar area about 10 mins. Our adr was 1pm.

DD had enjoyed it last time. She is more self concious about how fussy she is now she is older and is embarrassed at ordering stuff plain.

In a nutshell DD barely ate. I admit I was exasperated as she is sat tearfully looking at the menu with about 10 things to choose from saying there is nothing I can eat.

I don't know why she didn't have steak or chicken, she eats that, there was some reason.

She came back from the huge buffet with 1 mini pain au choc and 1 cube of cheese (which she didnt eat as it was 'weird' - it was cheddar) I sent her back and she returned with 2 mini pain au choc.

She went onto the viewing gallery and took photos and I just got on with it.

I'm a big Orla kiely fan so the decor is very much to my taste.

I didn't find the server very accomdating here either. I had a mai tai (you get a cocktail plus unlimited mimosas on ddp) and I had to specifically ask if they did soda for DD who hadn't been offered any drink yet. She had a diet coke.

When I ordered the main I had the heirloom apple pancakes and asked if DD could just have plain or chocolate chip pancakes. DD also ordered a side of bacon.

We were sat near the chef pass area which was interesting to watch and I then noticed they did waffle fries. So I asked if DD could have some, no you can only have them with a main.

Server can see DD sat there with a virtually empty plate and I explain there is nothing on the buffet she will eat please can she have some. No. I then remember it's unlimited entrees, the table nearby clearly have several entrees between 2 of them. So I say can I also order a bison burger and waffle fries. Ok. Server never volunteered it was unlimited entrees.

Was very odd. You can have a side of bacon but not waffle fries and 8 entrees each but no waffle fries.

My pancakes were ok but nothing special. With hindsight I should have ordered a different main. Everything else I saw looked better. DD had her choc chip pancake, I don't think there was syrup.

The burger and fries comes and looks good. DD then says she may have tried the burger if it was plain, think word bison had put her off! It had onion truffle jam and egg on so she wouldn't eat it. The server literally dropped it off then picked it back up and threw it in the bin. What a waste.

I had several pineapple mimoas. We shared the dessert plate, well I think I ate most of it.

I also had a rum baba. They had a stand with a chef making these fresh to order but by the time I was ready it was near end of service and they had just left some on side.

We weren't rushed at all. The atmosphere with the live music and the views are lovely. The buffet is fabulous lots of choice.

I defintely chose badly with my main. All the other mains I saw looked lovely.

Overall I'm glad we did it and we got some lovely photos of us dressed up. I personally really enjoyed the food and drinks but I won't be back with DD as its just not suitable for her.

If we had DDP again i'd consider leaving her in the resort and doing it as a solo. She would honestly be happier with chicken tenders in the foodcourt.

Re reading this it comes across badly. We did enjoy the experience and I had some lovely food and drink. I'd definitely recommend if the food is to your taste.

I enjoyed the sushi, the cheese, the salads, the devilled eggs, smoked salmon, quiche, the yoghurt and granola.

The pastries were to one side. I meant to have a cheese biscuit I spotted on the way in but forgot to go over.

It was just awkward with DD and how she is food wise plus lacking the usual it's disney of course we'll accomodate you we normally find.

I do think it's odd they charge non drinkers the same price. They should at least be offering non alcoholic versions of the mimosas on arrival, it feels unwelcoming not to get any drink.Price is $95 plus tax each.

$218.33 plus tip or 4 TS credits

Old 20 Nov 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
day 4 continued

Disney Springs

Blaze Pizza

Simple Pie and 2 cups water

We headed over to Disney Springs. DD was hungry after barely eating earlier so I paid cash for a simple pie (cheese and tomato pizza)and got 2 cups of water. It's under $8 with tax so wasn't worth a QS credit.

No real line but it was busy inside particularly as someone was blocking the way with a double stroller wider than my car.

$7.93 cash

Candy Cauldron Disney Springs

1 snack credit crsipy treat

DD chose a ready made made crispy treat as they don't do the make your own ones here.

$5.49 plus tax $5.85

Old 20 Nov 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Day 4 continued

California Grill

Fireworks

We got the bus back from Disney Springs to Contemporary. Gosh this was slow. We lapped Fort Wilderness too but no one got on or off.

Showed our receipt at the check in podium but the cm remembered us anyway. Lots of people had come back to watch the fireworks.

It is a lovely view and we had not seen the new MNSSHP fireworks before. We got there about 9.45pm, fireworks were at 10.15pm and got a good spot outside. They pipe the music across too.

Contempo cafe

Turkey sndwich, fries and rum and ginger

It took a while to get down from California Grill in the lift. It would have been 10.30pm ish. I was hungry so we stopped at Contempo cafe. I also thought the bus back from MK would be less busy if we waited as I know a lot of people leave MNSSHP after the fireworks. You order and food is brought to you. I chose the toasted turkey sandwich and fries and got a can of rum and ginger for my drink. I was ID'd here too. The man in front was trying to buy a small wine and 2 beers and was told 2 per ID.

Toasted Sandwich was lovely. The fries weren't particulary hot, odd as it's supposed to be made to order but I shared them with DD. She had her refill mug in her bag and had soda.

1 QS

DD used refill mug

$11.99 and approx $10 for drink $23.42

Total day 4

Breakfast BOG 1 QS or $42.60

Starbucks 1 snack or $5.63

Lunch Cali grill brunch 4 TS or $218.33

DD dinner Blaze $7.93 cash

Candy cauldron 1 snack $5.85

Me dinner 1 QS $23.42

Total day 4 $303.76

Edited at 09:05 PM.