Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 09, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree I dont think its a snobbery issue. I do not like DLP for one main reason, they simply done "do" disney the way the americans do. I found the cm to be quite rude especially in the food courts. We have done it twice and thats my lot and we only went the second time because we won a holiday with woolworths many years ago. I have to say that for me Florida offers so many other things besides a disney fix such as the weather and shopping.

I still believe DLP was build in the place. It should have built much further south where people are said to be much friendler and also the weather is warmer but thats just my opinion
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

It's not snobbery - I am definately not a snob - but I have been to DLP and did not like it. We had the chance to return last year at the end of a holiday to France, and we chose not to. The smoking, the atmousphere, the "French" side of it (to me Disney is American) - I simply don't like it. The 1st Disney park I went to was in the US and I don't think I'd "get" it in any other country but america.

However, France is a lovely country - and I do like it - I just do not like DLP...
Old 26 Feb 09, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2waterford View Post
I have never been to DLP and have no desire to.

Absolutely nothing to do with Snobbery. I have priced DLP a few times and I have always found for a little more we can have a 2 week holiday in Florida compared to a few days in DLP.

But it really has nothing to do with snobbery.
Exactly the same here ~ have priced it a couple of times, and just couldn't justify the costing...

Also - friends of ours went recently and their experience was something I would not want to go through They wouldn't ever go back and after hearing their report, I don't know if I would be brave enough to try it!
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

I think people do look down at DLP alot, though I have no idea why as the Disneyland Park (the one with the castle) is much better than Magic Kingdom in terms of rides and themeing, I don't really like MK it looks fake and plastic compared to DLP. The CM aren't rude they are just more reseverd than the American CM and not so OTT. its just a culture difference. A lot of the complaints I have read about DLP I have also come across simillar complaints about WDW. I like both WDW and DLP and will go to both every year and I look forward to DLP as much as WDW.
Old 26 Feb 09, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gala
Imagineer

gala's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 336
It has nothing to do with snobbery. I just have no desire to go. I dont want to pay £1500 for just a few days as opposed to £5000 for 17 days. I do not fancy the idea of colder weather, the smaller format, smoking in the parks and the general free for all that many people have experienced with character meets. Thats not snobbery but just weighing up whether or not its a destination I want to visit. If the smoking were controlled and there was more organisation for character meets it still wouldnt appeal.
I am happy to travel in economy to Florida and stay in budget hotels so no snobbery here.

Margaret

1999 - All Star Music
2001 - Quality Inn International and All Star Movies
2004 - Homewood Suites I Drive and All Star Music
2006 - Homewood Suites I Drive, Royal Pacific Resort and Pop Century
2008 - Homewood Suites, Hard Rock Hotel and Coronado Springs
2010 Homewood Suites, RPR, POFQ
2013 Homewood Suites, RPR,OKW

gala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lov2dis View Post
We've done DLP three times and it was nice enough BUT the service/atmosphere is not a patch on WDW.

We went when we lived in Essex and it was relatively cheap to get there.

Now that we are in Scotland, the price of going to DLP is almost the same as it would be for WDW. Add to that the fact that there is so much to do in Florida outside of disney PLUS the reliably hot weather and there's just NO WAY I would consider going back to Paris

Its not snobbery - Its value for money
im with you here as in the price irene

we've been the once to dlp and due to the rude attitude at the time with the cm's (never been to any disney park before then) toward my dd1 emma she was just turning 9 at the time, we didnt enjoy our time apart from the fact the we were also cold and damp

with what we paid for a 3 night stay in 2000 as to what i paid in 2001, i booked florida with weeks of having been to dlp due to the disappointment on emmas face, we paid in total for dlp £1100 but my price inclusive of disney passes (we only wdw on this occassion) i only paid £1286 for the 5 of us and this was flying with virgin from gatwick staying at the quality inn on idrive, so for me there is no comparison on price and im guaranteed the weather

i dont think its snobbery on my own part but i do see where you come from more so if someone sticks his/her nose up having never been
but then there are also those who stick his/her nose up at florida also having never been
Old 26 Feb 09, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hmm maybe snobbery is a bit too strong a word - in my opinion DLP is a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it. I love it but have to be completely honest, I have noticed a decline in friendliness over the last 3 years and the smoking situation has become disgraceful. Also, its not as cheap as it used to be, the flights have come down but the accommodation/park tickets to stay on-site have risen quite steeply although it always pays to look around.

I can understand your frustration when people who havent even visited DLP offer there advice - how can you comment on something you havent experienced first hand.

I will def be going again but it wont be on a weekend as I found the crowds ridiculous because the French have special deals to entice them in and this only compounded the smoking in the parks.
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We have never been to DLP and tbh we have never fancied it either, it just doesnt appeal to me, we love florida, not just disney/universal but the whole of florida and we always get out and about away from orlando for a few days or more

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Tom Morrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have not been and like many on here it is becasue I do not feel like I am getting value for my money wheras the 5 of us travelling to Orlanda and staying in a villa always works out reasonable compared to a holiday in France or Spain (their villa prices are crazy)

As for the snobbery thing, I was surprised that you think that because there are people on the Dibb from all walks of life and I have never seen those who are obviously from the "better off" end of the range behave anything other than in a friendly way.

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day"
Tom Morrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 09, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It's not snobbery with us. Florida and WDW is our main holiday. There is no way I would consider DLP as a main holiday. Also getting to DLP from the north west is, for us, a definite no-no. Not worth either the cost or the hassle. I would rather save the money for something else.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread