Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 May 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
The Dibb villa we stay in provides tea towels and there are toilet rolls, bin bags and a couple of dishwasher tablets to do us for the first couple of days. We do bring anti-bac wipes with us, as well as tea bags but that's about it. As others have said, Dollar Tree for clothes and dishwasher powder and Walmart/Target/Publix for toilet rolls, shampoo, handwash, etc etc.
Old 24 May 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Usually take a few tea bags and that's it. Buy everything there, as others have said doller tree is great for washing and cleaning stuff,I love a visit there 😂
Old 24 May 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another vote for Dollar tree. We only really found out about Dollar tree on our last visit and it is great for all the cleaning essentials. Also have hydrocortisone cream, antibiotic gel, all that type of stuff.

Some villas we have stayed in have only had toilet rolls and a little bar of soap, nothing else, others have had bin bags, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, kitchen roll supplied so no harm in asking. We always take tea bags as they are quite expensive to buy and I also take filter coffee as this also seems expensive in comparison to here.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We buy everything from Dollar Tree, they stock smaller quantities and cheaper than Walmart/Target
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Here's my little villa shopping list which I keep in my purse:-
Milk/Coffee Mate/Coffee
Bread/Butter/Chicken/Fruit/Cereal/Onion
Ham/Cheese/Bacon/Beans/Tomatoes
Crisps/Biscuits/Vinegar/Frozen Crinkle Cut Chips/Tomato Sauce
Orange Juice/Drinks/Water
Washing Powder/Dishwasher Detergent
Cloths/ Lilo/Toilet Rolls/
Frozen Biscuits with bacon/sausage patty/
Krispy Kreme/ English Toasting Bread – Walmart Bakery/Crusty Cobs to Freeze.
We like to take rolls out with us if we are going to a water park, or if we are staying at the villa we'll make cheese/ham and onion toasties. We buy lots of cans of pop and take them out with us in a cool box to drink once we've finished at the parks.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Walmart do packs of dishwasher tabs that have 16 in them, they are less than $3. Kitchen roll is 50c for a single big roll. I also bought perfectly good washing linguists from there for a dollar, just lasted me 3 weeks, perfect size. Bin bags are 98c a box.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Mobile

Dollar tree sounds good, where is nearest to championsgate please, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Jo View Post
Great advice, thank you all.

I did feel cheeky asking the villa owner what is included, but as two villa owners have said its best to ask I think I will do
What's cheeky? You are asking a perfectly reasonable question!

We give each guest 4 dishwasher tablets, a small bottle of washing detergent, 2 bin bags (in addition to those in the bins) [but, you're not staying at ours!]

Then under the sink you'll find sponges, dishwashing detergent, more dishwasher tablets. In the cupboard you'll find a box full of new tea towels (in addition to the six-ish open ones in the kitchen drawer), cling film, foil, napkins, often sandwich bags, British tea bags, coffee...and loads more. Wouldn't expect any guest to TAKE any of these things, but you might need to buy more depending how much you eat in (and hence use the dishwasher) or how much clothes washing you do.

For smaller packs Dollar Tree are good, but choices are more limited - you'll never get a tiny pack of anything in Walmart!

We tend to provide more than most, but I'm amazed how many folks take this stuff with them. I really couldn't be bothered when I know I'll be going to Walmart on arrival anyway. Life's too short and bags are heavy enough

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
Dollar tree sounds good, where is nearest to championsgate please, bondy.
I'd say the one at Posner Park (exit 55 of the I4, then just south on the 27). Championsgate is at exit 58.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List