Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Apr 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by afcmarshall View Post
I know Volcano bay will be impossible to tell but with the other 2 can you get them done in a day or would you allow two days at each?
I would say that you probably need at least 1 day at each - so 3 days in total for VB, US, and IOA.

We tend to spend 3 days spread over both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure - a day at each and then a day park hopping and repeating our favourite rides at each. I think that's perfectly doable.

We did spend 4 days at these two parks once but felt that we had had enough halfway through our 4th day. Mind you, we do tend to spend full days at the parks, not half days.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

We've been late may and certainly we've managed both parks in two days. However crowds have increased and new attractions have been opened since our last May trip, e.g. Kong.

A lot of it depends on how willing you are to stomach early starts and long days, and how much you need to see. If you arrive late in the day and/or only spend a couple of hours then probably difficult to cover it all.

I'd say two days is a bit rushed, but possible.

There is the option of express passes and early starts for onsite guests as well to consider.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Thanks for your replies our plan now is a full day in US then a separate full day in IOA. With a third day left to go back to one of them or split the day between the two.
Good plan we love staying at a universal hotel for at least 2 nights as it is a great thing to have the express passes if it's possible for you look into that perhaps ?

By the way I just noticed you live near me just up A1M , Im from Stevenage

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 08:23 PM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
Good plan we love staying at a universal hotel for at least 2 nights as it is a great thing to have the express passes if it's possible for you look into that perhaps ?

By the way I just noticed you live near me just up A1M , Im from Stevenage
Not far at all

How does it work with the Universal hotels? If I book one night stay do I get two days free parking and two days fast passes?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Not far at all

How does it work with the Universal hotels? If I book one night stay do I get two days free parking and two days fast passes?
You don't get free parking. You still have to pay to park at hotel but it is priced around $22 per night - and one night will cover 2 days. So it does work out cheaper than parking at the park.

You do get 2 days of Express passes, for the check in day and check out day.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You don't get free parking. You still have to pay to park at hotel but it is priced around $22 per night - and one night will cover 2 days. So it does work out cheaper than parking at the park.

You do get 2 days of Express passes, for the check in day and check out day.
Thanks had just looked this all up and seen parking wasn't free.
Can get Royal Pacific Resort for around about £250 for one night thought this sounded quite good still. Works out about £30 each per day for fast passes but would save one days car parking and gas two ways plus means I can have a night off of being the taxi and can have a few drinks with my dinner
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks had just looked this all up and seen parking wasn't free.
Can get Royal Pacific Resort for around about £250 for one night thought this sounded quite good still. Works out about £30 each per day for fast passes but would save one days car parking and gas two ways plus means I can have a night off of being the taxi and can have a few drinks with my dinner
Can't put a price on stuff like that I'm sure not having to traipse back to a hotel well off of the resort will be nice too. I'm looking forwards to being able to just take a water taxi to the park, should be a nice relaxing change to having to rush there in a vehicle.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Not far at all

Nimbus already answered this is see but I wanted to add you won't regret staying at a universal hotel , it's well worth it and I highly recomend club level at royal Pacific for the free wine and beer alone ... ( and a light breakfast , snacks and soft drinks )

Enjoy!

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List