Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 May 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
ADRS booking yes/no

In previous years I’ve always made ADRS for everyday, that was ok because we had no children with us, in our previous 6 visits

Next year With a four year old in tow I’m wondering , do those of you with small children simply book ADRS for the must do’s and then see what’s available when you get there. We used to sometimes change ADRs in the morning.

I am Unsure as to how late he’ll cope with being up late etc. . Also do you tend to do TS at breakfast and Lunch, as adults we have always booked TS In the evenings and fairly late, so this Disney planning is a bit different for me as I have to consider my grandson

Thanks in advance
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
chloe87
Getting Excited

chloe87's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We did the DDP in 2015 with our then 2 year old and booked a TS credit for nearly every day. We did 2 in one day once. (Tusker house breakfast and yak and yetti dinner). I would say there was a bit of rushing about on some occasions but we like our food so it was worth it for us!
Next year we are doing DDP for the first week only and whilst we haven't yet whittled it down to what we are going to book, it will probably be similar. Character breakfasts, TS lunch in parks and maybe a couple of early evening TS dinners in our hotel or other hotels. Our children will be 6 and 2 so there wont be any dinners being booked later than 6:30 i would imagine.
chloe87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I booked everyday but we also don't eat late. My youngest two where 8 months and 5. I would book them each day and then see how you go when there.
Old 22 May 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

We still book them, as sometimes we need a sit down meal more with a child in tow! The downtime is a good thing. We book late breakfast/brunch or early dinner. Our latest is normally 6pm. We judge each day and cancel the night before if it looks like we need a change of plans.

My best advice from people watching though is to book them if you feel like it can be enjoyable for your family and don’t book them if you find it’s a stress! No sense in pushing anyone to a breaking point when there are plenty of options other than a more formal meal. Trust your gut!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We booked each day up for the 4 of us for evening meals (6/7pm) but we did manage to swap a few around. As we are early risers we were generally in the parks very early and usually on our way back by lunch with the afternoon at the pool.
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

I have always booked adrs for every day before we went, first time kids were 1 and 3 and went again when they were 5 and 3. We have booked a mixture of TS for breakfast and dinner and make sure there’s not too many late nights in a row. Any late dinners I tend to book after the first couple of days to give them chance to adjust to the time difference. I’ll just make sure if we are having a late dinner then they have an opportunity to nap in the afternoon and to have snacks with me just in case they are suddenly starving with a good few hours until dinner (happens a lot with my kids lol).
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List