Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Apr 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieandCarl
Trainee Dibber

Thank you everyone this has put my mind at rest!
EllieandCarl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

They will close the pools & water rides if a storm is within a certain distance (5miles if I remember correctly) and as soon as the storm pases, they'll open again. You don't have to go out of the park, just take shelter, because when it pours, it pours :p

Happened to us last time. The lightning strom raged for 20 minutes. CMs had us out of the water roughly 10 minutes before it started, and we were back in the water 15 minutes after the storm passed.
Best waterpark day as the park was virtually empty

If that's only an afternoon shower, then it's a non issue.
Many people leave the park when it rains, but that's a bit ludicrous ... because people are afraid to get wet when they're in bathing suit in a water park ?

Of cours we don't go to waterparks when it already rains, but if rain happens while we're there, it's actually the best waterpark days, because all the slides are just walk on, and it's kind of fun, unless you want to be fully cooked on a lounger
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
willssv
Excited about Disney

On our first trip in 2013 we looked at the long term forecast and saw rain every day for the first 2 weeks. In reality it probably did rain on about 7 of those days but only on about 2-3 days did the rain last for over an hour. On none of those days did it rain prior to 2pm.

We still look at forecasts whilst we are aware but its rare for any of the forecasts to be accurate more than 24 hours out. Check the night before you are going to the park and that will give the best view of the expected weather.
willssv is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
If that's only an afternoon shower, then it's a non issue.
Many people leave the park when it rains, but that's a bit ludicrous ... because people are afraid to get wet when they're in bathing suit in a water park ?
I remember being at Aquatica one day when it started to rain (no storm, just rain). It was still hot but not sunny. For a moment, I looked around searching for somewhere to shelter. Then I realised I was in my swimming shorts and already wet from being in the pool - and so I didn't need to get under cover.

Admittedly, it seemed strange just standing there in the rain waiting for DW and DD to come down one of the slides.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

Totally agree with chmurf. We were in blizzard last Easter when a storm came early afternoon. We got turfed out of the water and took shelter by the quick service food place and grabbed a couple of beers while the heavens opened. We stuck it out and watched on as everyone else left the park. After about an hour the sun was back out, they let us back in and we had the whole park almost to ourselves. It was ace.

Andy
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List