Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Apr 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You don't actually transfer tickets to the MagicBands.

Instead, the MagicBand is linked to your Disney account; the same Disney account that your tickets are linked to. Then you can use either the tickets or the MagicBand because they are all linked to the same account.

The staff in the shop where you buy the MagicBands can link them for you. Or you can link them yourself on the MyDisneyExperience website. And I'm sure Guest Relations will also do it for you too.
Can you still do this the same if you have etickets? I'm thinking of buying magic bands at the airport and getting them linked, will save us queuing at guess relations on the 1st day to get etickets transferred to actual paper tickets.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Can you buy them at the Disney store in the Florida mall? Don't fancy stopping in the airport, just want to get out of there.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

I have seen the bands being mentioned a bit on threads, but to be honest i am trying to figure out what they actually do for you are they like the memory maker thing but higher speck and do a bit more ..confused.com...i will not be offended but could someone explain the purpose of the bands in simple terms, how much they are and why would you pay more for one band over another, if they all do the same thing...so yes can someone please put it into plain terms for me...
Old 29 Apr 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by stevb63 View Post
I have seen the bands being mentioned a bit on threads, but to be honest i am trying to figure out what they actually do for you are they like the memory maker thing but higher speck and do a bit more ..confused.com...i will not be offended but could someone explain the purpose of the bands in simple terms, how much they are and why would you pay more for one band over another, if they all do the same thing...so yes can someone please put it into plain terms for me...
If you're staying off site they dont do anything your ticket can't do. Basic cheaper bands are just plain colors, more expensive bands are themed (Star Wars, Disney characters, etc ).
Old 29 Apr 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Personally wouldnt be without them now. we were at wdw over Easter, we bought bands once we had entered the parks the first day using our plastic card tickets. From there on it was so much easier, everyone kept their own band and you just scanned it at the FP entrance instead of searching through bags/pockets for tickets. Also of a morning so much easier to make sure everyone had a band on instead of giving out tickets! Just made things easier and faster and cast members were consistently reminding people to have their cards out and ready. Where we just walked on through waving our arm at the mickey head fast pass machine. Also a lot faster if you use the photo pass photographers. Best $12.95(+tax) we spent. Each to their own and so on... but we found them useful. 😀

Edited at 10:38 AM.
Old 29 Apr 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Would you guys recommend them when staying offsite? Im thinking of getting them purely to save having to get the tickets out of the bag for FP and reservations which in turn would hopefully stop us from losing them. Can you still use them to pay for things if you are offsite?
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by theriler View Post
Would you guys recommend them when staying offsite? Im thinking of getting them purely to save having to get the tickets out of the bag for FP and reservations which in turn would hopefully stop us from losing them. Can you still use them to pay for things if you are offsite?
We were offsite and used them but don't think you can use them for purchases(but not completely sure as we used cash!)
Old 29 Apr 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

You can't use them to pay if you're off site.
Old 29 Apr 17, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Partyof11 View Post
Can you still do this the same if you have etickets? I'm thinking of buying magic bands at the airport and getting them linked, will save us queuing at guess relations on the 1st day to get etickets transferred to actual paper tickets.
Yes, you can link the Magicbands to the same account that your e-tickets are linked to. Then you can use the Magicbands instead of tickets. So you won't need to exchange the e-tickets for actual tickets.

Just for info: the tickets are plastic credit card sized tickets, not paper.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, you can link the Magicbands to the same account that your e-tickets are linked to. Then you can use the Magicbands instead of tickets. So you won't need to exchange the e-tickets for actual tickets.

Just for info: the tickets are plastic credit card sized tickets, not paper.
Ah fab, thank you for answering my question. Been thinking about getting them for our off site stay but wasnt sure it was worth it. Think we'll defo do this now.