Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Apr 17, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando2
Excited about Disney

Mobile Memory maker

I got a free memory maker with my tickets. How does this work? What do i need to do to set this up?

I go in a couple of days and i just want to make sure i have everything setup?
orlando2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Christine_mufc
Trying for More Ears

I think it is activated when you get your first picture taken at the park and scan it to your ticket or Magic Band (assuming this is linked to a My Disney Experience (MDE) account). If you don't have an MDE account sign up and link your park tickets.

My niece Summer meeting her favorite Princess at Epcot Dec 2015!
Christine_mufc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

you must have linked your tickets to MDX by now. If you don't, then hurry up, to book your FP+

at the parks, scan your tickets with photographers, tap your ticket under the screen showing your pictures at the end of rides
if you want pictures and videos from some rides like frozen and 7DMT you'll need a magic band

memory maker only kicks in when you come home, or when you want to see your pics on the app.
It's merely used to download the photos when you're back.

but in any event, you need to link your tickets to your MDX account
If this is done, then you're all set to begin taking pictures.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando2
Excited about Disney

I booked my FP via the app so i must have my tickets linked.

I wasn't going to get a magic band as i am staying off site. So i can only get pictures from rides if i have a magic band? I cant use my tickets?
orlando2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlando2 View Post
I booked my FP via the app so i must have my tickets linked.

I wasn't going to get a magic band as i am staying off site. So i can only get pictures from rides if i have a magic band? I cant use my tickets?
You can use your tickets to swipe for pictures both from the photographers and at the end of the rides. The only thing you won't get (if I remember rightly), are the videos on 7DMT and Tower of Terror. I think you have to have a magic band for that.

We stayed offsite and purchased magic bands on our first day. For roughly £10 they were well worth getting as it made swiping for pictures, entrance to parks and FPs so much easier than faffing with the small ticket each time
Old 28 Apr 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
You can use your tickets to swipe for pictures both from the photographers and at the end of the rides. The only thing you won't get (if I remember rightly), are the videos on 7DMT and Tower of Terror. I think you have to have a magic band for that.

We stayed offsite and purchased magic bands on our first day. For roughly £10 they were well worth getting as it made swiping for pictures, entrance to parks and FPs so much easier than faffing with the small ticket each time

Sorry could I ask you where you purchased magic bands as we staying offsite and think bands would be a lot easier than tickets, especially bring 12 of us 😳
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MO6 View Post
Sorry could I ask you where you purchased magic bands as we staying offsite and think bands would be a lot easier than tickets, especially bring 12 of us 😳
We purchased them at the window kiosks at the front of MK on our first day.
Old 28 Apr 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We purchased them at the shop by Haunted Mansion, much quieter and the lady linked them for us using our park tickets. Much easier than tickets and a quick check of the wrists in the morning to make sure everyone was wearing them!, instead of remembering to put tickets in bags.
Old 28 Apr 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you, think I know where our first stop will be !
Old 28 Apr 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MO6 View Post
You can buy them from most of the shops in the Disney theme parks.

You can also buy them from the World of Disney Store at Disney Springs, from the Earport Store at Orlando Intl airport, and there's usually a small selection at the Character Warehouse outlet stores at the two Premium malls at either end of International Drive.

As mentioned above, they are not required to use Memory Maker. However, if you want the short on-ride videos on the Tower of Terror and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train then you do need a MagicBand.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List