Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Nov 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Two New Hotels At Universal Orlando

inline imageUniversal Orlando Resort will soon offer two high-quality, high-value hotel options for families looking for theme park thrills, exclusive benefits and a seamless Universal Orlando Resort experience – starting at less than $100 per night.

Set to begin opening in the summer of 2019, the hotels will feature a combined 2,800 guest rooms, including 1,450 two-bedroom suites designed to accommodate families of all sizes. Both options will be value-driven, with nightly rates starting below Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Universal’s Aventura Hotel.

Guests will enjoy a seamless and convenient Universal Orlando experience with Early Park Admission to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure or Universal’s Volcano Bay, complimentary transportation across the destination and resort-wide charging privileges.

The 750-room and 2,050-room hotels will be located just minutes away from Universal Orlando’s three theme parks and Universal CityWalk’s dining and entertainment options. Amenities will include a combined three pools, two food courts offering breakfast, lunch, dinner and nearby coffee bars, plus poolside bars, fitness rooms, car rental facilities and more.

Brought to life by the same Universal Creative team behind the incredibly-themed Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, these all-new options will be destinations unto themselves. Guests will enjoy the sun, surf and sand with a laid-back coastal feel. Towering exterior murals with vibrant and natural colors will set a free-spirited and beachy tone, inviting guests to hang loose throughout their stay.

The hotels will be built on a 64-acre site at the intersection of Universal Blvd. and International Drive, and become the destination’s seventh and eighth hotels. This continues the unprecedented growth ongoing at Universal Orlando Resort. The new hotels will bring the total number of guest rooms at the destination to 9,000 when combined with the 600-room Universal’s Aventura Hotel opening in August 2018.

Reservations will be accepted in early 2018.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UOR.jpg (32.9 KB, 57769 views)
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Whoah ambitious and sounds great. Not sure how long that sub $100 starting price will hold!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

‘Minutes’ from Universal? More like 20 minutes with the traffic lights!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Donzy
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Wowie reckon they are gonna have to start opening a bit more of the park up for early hours!
Donzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I am guessing that is the old Wet N Wild site?
Old 6 Nov 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I am guessing that is the old Wet N Wild site?

I was thinking the same thing. I can't remember where I got it from but I seem to remember being told that the site had been earmarked for hotels, that universal owned the land and the land under the lake ( strange term I thought) and that it may possibly be drained for more coverage.

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Yes it is the old Wet n' Wild site.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Latinosharkey
slightly serious Dibber

Is it just me or are there going to be too many rooms for the parks?

I know that they are planning a 4th (or even a 5th) gate near the convention center but with these additional hotels there wont be much room for offsite guests.

Universal Studios is small as is Volcano Bay. Fair enough, Islands is larger. But three gates for this many rooms - the ratios are very lucrative.

Don't get wrong: I understand that Comcast need to make money and the hotels look lovely but will onsite guest overrun the parks?

I suppose Disney are doing the same... hmmm.
Old 8 Nov 17, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Latinosharkey View Post
Is it just me or are there going to be too many rooms for the parks?

I know that they are planning a 4th (or even a 5th) gate near the convention center but with these additional hotels there wont be much room for offsite guests.

Universal Studios is small as is Volcano Bay. Fair enough, Islands is larger. But three gates for this many rooms - the ratios are very lucrative.

Don't get wrong: I understand that Comcast need to make money and the hotels look lovely but will onsite guest overrun the parks?

I suppose Disney are doing the same... hmmm.
I think you make a good point here..

It is nice to see a bit more competition developing for the mouse down the road though.. surely that can only lead to Disney increasing facilities / attractions to further compete... ?
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Given the pricing these feel to me like a bite for universal to take out of the i-drive hotel market in the same way Disney did when they started building value resorts. Interesting thing for me is the early park access and if this will be the same as the early park access perks at the more expensive resorts. The express pass perk usnt mentioned but if they create new early access perks those may need to be offered in the luxury hotels too.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List