Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Always makes me chuckle when people express that they are unhappy with the ticket price increase and some Dibbers state the things that Disney do to justify the increase.
At the end of the day, Disney is a business and a very successful one at that- they have every right to raise prices and squeeze a few more dollars out of the loyal visitors. However people also do have a right to moan and the tickets are already expensive and surely visitors should expect that some revenue goes towards maintaining/improving the parks WITHOUT increasing prices further still?
This is what makes the increases harder to understand and is the reason we voted with our feet, we don’t do Disney now and haven’t done since 2012. I still love the place but feel that we have done that now and the cost isn’t providing value for us anymore😩
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Always makes me chuckle when people express that they are unhappy with the ticket price increase and some Dibbers state the things that Disney do to justify the increase.
At the end of the day, Disney is a business and a very successful one at that- they have every right to raise prices and squeeze a few more dollars out of the loyal visitors. However people also do have a right to moan and the tickets are already expensive and surely visitors should expect that some revenue goes towards maintaining/improving the parks WITHOUT increasing prices further still?
This is what makes the increases harder to understand and is the reason we voted with our feet, we don’t do Disney now and haven’t done since 2012. I still love the place but feel that we have done that now and the cost isn’t providing value for us anymore😩
It’s the fact that some people seem to think Disney is in some way special and that the usual rules of business shouldn’t apply to them because WDW is a “magical” place where “wishes comes true”. It’s just a theme park business, like every other theme park business, just as it was when Walt started it. It’s the world’s most successful one at that, and hence it’s able to choose it’s price. If more people keep on visiting, then Disney will keep on increasing the price. Of course, that means that they will price out some people - for them the appeal isn’t worth the increased cost - but that’s partly the point. It helps to control the crowds whilst maintaining a similar profit.

As mentioned earlier, if they increased the amount of revenue they used to maintain/improve the parks whilst keeping tickets prices the same, then that would cut into profits. Less profits is generally seen as a bad thing for businesses - no business is going to do that if it doesn’t have to. And why should they have to do it anyway? People keep coming to the parks even when the ticket prices have increased.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:19 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
You know what’s interesting?

Last Friday, Universal also increased their ticket prices, in line with Disney’s increases. And nobody mentioned it or complained about it. The Dibb didn’t even have an article on it. It just... happened. Funny that.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYPRINCESS5
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You know what’s interesting?

Last Friday, Universal also increased their ticket prices, in line with Disney’s increases. And nobody mentioned it or complained about it. The Dibb didn’t even have an article on it. It just... happened. Funny that.
Because everyone loves to moan about Disney - I still think regardless of the 2 week passes they are great value for money. Compare it to going to a UK theme park for a day and how much that would total up over 14 days or so visiting (yes i get you cannot visit alton towers etc for 14 days - just a comparison im using) and then base that up against everything Disney has to offer - amazing rides, top notch shows, the out of this world fireworks etc. I think its brilliant value for money in my opinion!

Mrs F.x

PROUD DVC OWNER AT THE POLYNESIAN
DISNEYPRINCESS5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
English Tim
Excited about Disney

My wife and I are staying at our Vistana timeshare in May and for the first time for years, we've decided not to visit the main Disney parks. Instead we'll be using our water park non expiry tickets and visiting the 'free' attractions, like Fort Wilderness, DS and the Boardwalk.

Price rises are inevitable but having used non-expiry tickets for many years, it is a shock to see today's prices.

Car parking used to be free!