Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Feb 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I was told on the phone from Disney that they are not putting ppl in Martinque. But pinch of salt and all that
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Nice to get some info on CBR from the Mouse's mouth. Disney are always vague with completion dates though. It's their thing.
Yeah, it's why I said "typically lacking in any detail".

The problem with being vague is that it doesn't help people to plan and potentially means they are going to upset people. It also means people on "various sites" will start to speculate on what the vagueness actually means, leading to potential misinformation.

In this case though, the misinformation has come from Disney themselves. For example, just two months ago, Disney stated that OPR, Shutters and Calypso Trading Post would be (and I quote) "debuting late this summer" (see here). Now they're saying "Through Fall 2018" - which probably means they won't fully open until December.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yeah, it's why I said "typically lacking in any detail".

The problem with being vague is that it doesn't help people to plan and potentially means they are going to upset people. It also means people on "various sites" will start to speculate on what the vagueness actually means, leading to potential misinformation.

In this case though, the misinformation has come from Disney themselves. For example, just two months ago, Disney stated that OPR, Shutters and Calypso Trading Post would be (and I quote) "debuting late this summer" (see here). Now they're saying "Through Fall 2018" - which probably means they won't fully open until December.
Exactly this.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Its a complete contruction site and I wouldn't stay there even if it were free at the moment. You pay so much more than a normal outside Hotel and it does not give you that lovely Disney feeling. Noise, construction, horrid views of cranes and constant bibbing of the vehicles as they go back and forth. You couldn't read a book by the quiet pool at Aruba, it was a joke. Boards up to stop you walking in certain areas and vans selling food and Disney bits, as the shop is non existent now for example. Buses turn round at Aruba as they cant go any further because of all the work.
Was such a gorgeous resort before as well, many happy memories there. They should have shut the lot down and just got on with it , waited to do Coronado untill CBR was finished and then gone onto that resort. Id love to meet the genius who decided to do both at once. Two beautiful resorts messed around with, I just hope its all worth it - money money money

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
Is it all of Martinique, or just some of it, it's not clear.
There are some videos on YouTube. There’s one where a guy mentions Martinique. He says do not stay there 🤷..

Can you move if it’s that bad ? I’m starting to dread it and we go every two years. If it’s bad il give Disney a miss for a few years.
Old 14 Feb 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MagicalDay
Excited about Disney

I can't wait to go! Most of the time will be spent in the parks. When we're at the hotel we will be sleeping and construction would've stopped. We will make the most of it. We are so lucky to be going. I'm sure people who could never avoid to go or be able to go for other reasons would love to stay at CBR. Construction is never a sure completion date especially given the fact about the hurricane that recently hit Florida. Why is this such an issue when there is other construction going on in the parks? We knew about the ongoing construction when we booked in May 2017, we are staying in November 2018 and always knew there may still be construction. Not an issue in my opinion. We love Disney!
Have a Magical Day

1990 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 - 2002x2- 2003x2 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2011 - 2014 - 2016 Orlando Holidays!
Next Adventure starts 14/11/2018!
MagicalDay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MagicalDay View Post
I can't wait to go! Most of the time will be spent in the parks. When we're at the hotel we will be sleeping and construction would've stopped. We will make the most of it. We are so lucky to be going. I'm sure people who could never avoid to go or be able to go for other reasons would love to stay at CBR. Construction is never a sure completion date especially given the fact about the hurricane that recently hit Florida. Why is this such an issue when there is other construction going on in the parks? We knew about the ongoing construction when we booked in May 2017, we are staying in November 2018 and always knew there may still be construction. Not an issue in my opinion. We love Disney!
Have a Magical Day

You are lucky to be going so who cares about construction... really

We are not lucky to be going, we work hard and save a lot so we can pay TWDTC a lot of money to provide us with goods and service.
TWDTC take a lot of peoples hard earned money, that isnt luck, thats marketing and selling the Disney Dream that they charge so highly for.

Construction bothers me. When guests are not made aware about heavy construction prior to booking its not OK.
It would bother me at a regular spanish hotel, it would bother me at a holiday inn and it absolutely bothers me when I am paying Disneys prices for a 'resort'.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post

We are not lucky to be going, we work hard and save a lot so we can pay TWDTC a lot of money to provide us with goods and service.
TWDTC take a lot of peoples hard earned money, that isnt luck, thats marketing and selling the Disney Dream that they charge so highly for.

Construction bothers me. When guests are not made aware about heavy construction prior to booking its not OK.
It would bother me at a regular spanish hotel, it would bother me at a holiday inn and it absolutely bothers me when I am paying Disneys prices for a 'resort'.
Exactly minnie moomoo! Luck is finding £20 in your jeans pocket not saving & working hard for 2 years to go on holiday! We are fortunate that by making sacrifices, bargain hunting, hubby working overtime & saving like mad that we can go back to Disney on holiday.

I knew there was a chance OPR wouldn't be ready when I booked in April for this August..i was ok with that. I DIDN'T know how much construction would be ongoing...I,sadly, could not stay there once I knew. But I'd love to go once it's done as I loved it last time.

I wish everyone that stays has a fantastic holiday and aren't bothered or inconvienced by the construction at all.
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MagicalDay
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post

I didn't say who cares about the construction. I simply made a point thag it isn't that bad and everyone is now fully aware of the ongoing construction. If it was such a big deal why book this hotel knowing the way it is? It's a risk right?

It is a Dream. As I said some people are not fortunate to go. Not because of money.. but many other reasons. We work hard, save and plan to go and we feel lucky to have the opportunity to do so.

Lucky is in terms of having the ability to go when others can't. That's all I meant.

1990 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 - 2002x2- 2003x2 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2011 - 2014 - 2016 Orlando Holidays!
Next Adventure starts 14/11/2018!
MagicalDay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MagicalDay View Post
I didn't say who cares about the construction. I simply made a point thag it isn't that bad and everyone is now fully aware of the ongoing construction. If it was such a big deal why book this hotel knowing the way it is? It's a risk right?
Some people might have booked a month ago for, say, October this year when Disney had said that the work at the main building was going to be completed by late Summer. Now it looks like the work won't be complete until December. So, for those people, it might be a big deal. They are not getting what they thought they were paying for. As far as I know, these people aren't being offered any compensation.

And, as Floridasun said earlier, up until now Disney have only referred to the work as "refurbishment" not "construction". People booking to stay at CBR, reading Disney's official information and thinking there was just going to be a bit of internal refurbishment going on might be a bit taken aback when they discover that around a third of the resort has been demolished and there is major building work going on.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List