Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Feb 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We went in July, it was okay but I don’t think I’d go again.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Menu looks good but never really see it mentioned.

Anybody been - what was your experience?

We went in August and wouldn't recommend it. We thought the same about the menu but wouldn't return. There are photos/review in our food report if that helps. Far better options elsewhere.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

We had it booked for August but changed it due to the poor reviews we read. Didnt look that busy the couple of times we passed.

There is so much choice in DS now, think they need to step their game up!

Edited at 01:33 PM.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Went two years ago and it was the worst meal we've ever had - food, price and service was dire.

And i'm not that fussy!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
We went in August and wouldn't recommend it. We thought the same about the menu but wouldn't return. There are photos/review in our food report if that helps. Far better options elsewhere.
I will take a(nother) look

Think I will give it a miss though.

Thanks everyone.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
I had a quick peek at your review and nearly burst out laughing at the Caesar salad... presentation isn’t their strong point, is it?😂
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm so glad I read this thread, we had Paradiso 37 on our list to book on Sunday, we've now switched to Chef Art's Homecoming after reading good things on here.

Result
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

we have used it a few times for a quick burger/fries and a beer nothing special but nothing bad to say about.
Service always been good burgers a little on the small side but OK as far as burgers go.
I would say it is a casual place to sit and have a beer and if you fancy a bite to eat then you can grab that too.

I would not use it for a special night out meal.
Old 22 Feb 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went on Christmas day last year.

DW and I had the steak sandwich which was good.

DS2 had the kids double dog. This consisted of a hot dog not much bigger than a cocktail sausage in a similar sized bun and the a cocktail sausage sized corn dog. Ridiculous at around $10.

DS1 - Had the Shrimp Caesar salad as just over $20 IIRC. This consisted of caesar salad as you would expect although very little sauce (had to ask for extra) and 4 small prawns on a skewer. I think this is actually the biggest rip-off meal I have ever had the displeasure of paying for.

DD - Think she had the chicken dippers and this was fine.

I think the bottom line is that you are paying at least double for what you would get in somewhere like millers, chillis, etc and the quality is nowhere near as good.

Certainly will not be going back. I do understand you pay a premium to eat at Disney but I don't expect the food to be this poor and the portions to be very small. By the way, there was no price premium for eating there on Christmas day, just standard menu. It is telling though that this restaurant and only a few others were showing as having availability the week prior to Christmas Day.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by teallach View Post
I had a quick peek at your review and nearly burst out laughing at the Caesar salad... presentation isn’t their strong point, is it?😂
Nope!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List