Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Apr 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Tusker House (prefer breakfast to lunch though - you can combine both if you time it right!)
Boma - didn't like our dinner there - we didn't like lot of choices there, very dark and busy.
Crystal Palace - very safe! Good wholesome food though, and so handy in MK.
Trails End - very good - nice boat trip too.
1900 Park Fair - dinner was hectic - food similar to Crystal Palace, more fun deserts.

Trails End is my fav for food - fried chicken, gravy, and banana bread pudding!
Crystal Palace and Tusker House great for location, good break for long day in park. Characters aren't over intrusive (are at Park Fair! )
I imagine you wouldn't like Boma if you want chicken and gravy and an English pudding. It's certainly busy (that's because it's the top-rated buffet on site), but there are so many choices, you must be a very fussy eater! Don't ask me, ask these. tripadvisor/Restau...o_Florida.html

Anyway it sounds like the Resort Hotels won't get a look-in, so it's a debate for another day...

Edited at 10:33 AM.
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We've decided on Trails End 😄 Looks like lots of choice and enough to keep the kids fed & happy. Talked dh into going to a resort, we will leave AK and drive over as we are taking the car that day!

Looked at Boma, is somewhere for dh and I to try when we go without the kids (if that ever happens lol) or when they the kids are older and more adventurous with their food!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blainy View Post
I imagine you wouldn't like Boma if you want chicken and gravy and an English pudding. It's certainly busy (that's because it's the top-rated buffet on site), but there are so many choices, you must be a very fussy eater! Don't ask me, ask these. tripadvisor/Restau...o_Florida.html

Anyway it sounds like the Resort Hotels won't get a look-in, so it's a debate for another day...
Er... lots of people rave about Trails End - doesn't make us all fussy eaters...they do simple food there but very well.

Boma was our worst meal ever at Disney - that was our experience, irrelevant of if its "the top rated or not" - just opinions... I said why I didn't enjoy it, up people to decide if those are issues that bother them or not. Don't just call people fussy eaters who only want English food if they don't agree with you!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We've decided on Trails End 😄 Looks like lots of choice and enough to keep the kids fed & happy. Talked dh into going to a resort, we will leave AK and drive over as we are taking the car that day!

Looked at Boma, is somewhere for dh and I to try when we go without the kids (if that ever happens lol) or when they the kids are older and more adventurous with their food!
One final suggestion in that vicinity. It's not a buffet, but Whispering Canyon at WL is a great choice for dinner with (or without) kids if you're up for a laugh. The food is good, child friendly, hearty portions but the waiting staff are hilarious and the kids will love it! Enjoy!
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post

Just in case you don’t know, you can get a boat direct from MK to Fort Wilderness and uts a lovely ride (unless it’s raining 😄 )
If you drive you’ll have to park at the entrance to the resort and get a resort bus up to Trails End, not half as much fun as the boat.
Just thought I’d mention this as if you can fit your Trails End visit in with a MK day it might be less annoying having to leave a park to do it.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I think the best ones are Boma (but excessively priced, you are much better eating at Sanaa IMO) and Trails End for the value proposition.
Old 10 Apr 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Forgive my ignorance...are both Boma and Trails end 1 TS each... ?

We have one TS meal left on our DDP booking and I want to try something different - not done either of these...kids are 12 and 9 so guessing buffet good for them...
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Forgive my ignorance...are both Boma and Trails end 1 TS each... ?

We have one TS meal left on our DDP booking and I want to try something different - not done either of these...kids are 12 and 9 so guessing buffet good for them...
Yes, 1 TS credit
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Trails End is great but we also really like Boma as it has a few items not found elsewhere
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List