Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Apr 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile Crossroads - Lake Buena Vista restaurants to close

Just read about this on the dis. The dining areas/shops at crossroads Sweet Tomatoes etc are due to close for road improvements and retention ponds.
It doesn't give specific date of closure but apparently has been on the cards for a while now.

It says 'Crossroads is closing and being demolished as part of a redesign of the ramps for I4 at that intersection. That intersection has needed a major redesign to deal with the dramatic increase in traffic over the years and they just cannot delay it any longer. The project includes a redesign of the ramps'
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just read it
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR

Edited at 10:52 PM.
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes I posted this in a LBV thread yesterday..such a shame,it'll be a big loss for anyone who stays in LBV.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s the I4 extension , they have 18months to relocate apparently . Imagine the traffic going through there after it.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The current off ramp is horrendous for delays and something needed doing badly.
One wonders if Disney had say over the decision making as cars stacked up and not entering their property means people not spending!

I cut any shuffle not to go that way and can nip around the bottle neck quickly, but for the unwary it can be a tedious wait. Long overdue.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I will miss our family tradition stupid o'clock Perkins brekkie on our first morning
I will miss Flipper's Pizza

I will miss the whole dang thing (except for Goodings ... lol)

The restaurants on Crossroads were the most (or among the most) profitable restaurants of their respective chains.
the change might draw even more people to disney springs.

I agree the offramp was a nightmare at times ... but well ... Crossroads was our place to go for a quick offsite, and it also was about the only walkable offsite dining options from Disney

I will miss it.

T
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We spend a lot of meal times at the crossroads and I recommend hotels in the area because of its proximity to Disney springs. Unos is our absolute favourite family restaurant! I hope they don’t move too far
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
I will miss our family tradition stupid o'clock Perkins brekkie on our first morning
I will miss Flipper's Pizza

I will miss the whole dang thing (except for Goodings ... lol)

The restaurants on Crossroads were the most (or among the most) profitable restaurants of their respective chains.
the change might draw even more people to disney springs.

I agree the offramp was a nightmare at times ... but well ... Crossroads was our place to go for a quick offsite, and it also was about the only walkable offsite dining options from Disney

I will miss it.

T
That's what I was thinking. As much as the road improvements might need doing. It's such a shame about all of those restaurants.
😕
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
We spend a lot of meal times at the crossroads and I recommend hotels in the area because of its proximity to Disney springs. Unos is our absolute favourite family restaurant! I hope they don’t move too far
Yeah hopefully they will be able to re-locate somewhere in the LBV area? 😕
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

When exactly is it all closing ? I'm booked at the Clarion in lbv in November and January without a car , will there be restaurants I can still walk to? I've never stayed in that area before .