Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Apr 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
truffles
Getting Excited

truffles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
California Grill Birthday meal

Hi everyone,

New to the Disney Dining plan so bare with me

My son is 3 whilst we are away next year. I was thinking of using 2TS to do California Grill for his birthday. He loves fireworks but not the noise.
so though this might be better way to watch the fireworks without him being scared.
We go to nice restaurants here and he is well behaved and a good eater.
We will obviously be doing character breakfasts for him also but just a special treat.
We are staying at AKL for 5 nights so any other suggestions welcome

thanks
truffles

[/SIGPIC[SIGPIC]]
truffles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Well you've picked the resort that has, I think, the best restaurant choices..We eat at Jiko on every trip, it's a signature also, but at night cast members have night vision binoculars that you can use and look at the animals roaming around..You just go downstairs and head out at the back...P.S...These binoculars cost approx $3000 a pair, so I was told..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
truffles
Getting Excited

truffles's Reviews
Thankyou. I hadn't even thought of Jiko
will take a look at the menu now.

truffles xxx

[/SIGPIC[SIGPIC]]
truffles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Well you've picked the resort that has, I think, the best restaurant choices..We eat at Jiko on every trip, it's a signature also, but at night cast members have night vision binoculars that you can use and look at the animals roaming around..You just go downstairs and head out at the back...P.S...These binoculars cost approx $3000 a pair, so I was told..
Are the night vision glasses free to use? I thought that was only on the night time safari, which I've been trying to convince the Wife is worth the extra cash.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

I think brunch I a great idea, we did this last year and blew us away. After the brunch you could go back to the hotel pool and relax, let your DS have a nap, so he will be bright and bushy tailed to enjoy the fireworks from CG in the evening.
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
Are the night vision glasses free to use? I thought that was only on the night time safari, which I've been trying to convince the Wife is worth the extra cash.
Yes, they are free..We had finished our meal at Jiko and decided to have a wee walk outside and saw cast members down at a viewing area...They look like normal binoculars, but when you look through them it's like a green hue and it picked up two Zebras which we couldn't see with our eyes, only when you look through the glasses do you see them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Done Jiko and the nightvision googles at AKL its brilliant. highly reccomend this.

as for california grill the balcony is brilliant, just so you know, as you mentioned your child dosnt like loud noises, the music is pumped through speakers up there. this can be quite loud but the fireworks will be far enough away.

Make sure they know its a birthday meal. I had bought my DF a rose and braclet for her birthday meal here, it was placed on her plate before we got there (I used Disneys Floral and Gifts service, I was worried about it not being there, but I can recomend this service)

We loved the meal and couldnt eat another thing, but our hostess brought over a birthday creme brulee for her (which is her all time favorite dessert too) for free.

she loved her birthday.
Old 10 Apr 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Yes, they are free..We had finished our meal at Jiko and decided to have a wee walk outside and saw cast members down at a viewing area...They look like normal binoculars, but when you look through them it's like a green hue and it picked up two Zebras which we couldn't see with our eyes, only when you look through the glasses do you see them.
Awesome! Thanks Coda!

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
truffles
Getting Excited

truffles's Reviews
Thanks everyone xx
Going to do both
Fountain of knowledge as usual on the Dibb xx Will use DDP for one and then pay for the other xx
will make sure they know its his birthday and get him something to open while we are there.

Truffles xx

[/SIGPIC[SIGPIC]]