Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Apr 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyg76
a Friend of the DIBB

AA In-flight Meals

So, only 59 days to go! To say we're excited is an understatement, it's all beginning to feel very real.

As I am travelling with 4 children, which includes 3 hungry teenagers, I was wondering if anyone can tell me the in-flight meal information for AA. I am travelling GLA to PHL and PHL to MCO. We leave GLA at 10.40am and arrive in PHL at 13.20(LT). We then depart PHL 15.55 (LT) and arrive MCO 18.36 (LT).

I really just want to know what meals (not the actual food lol) that are served at the times we are flying, and if we get food on the PHL to MCO. TBH, I'm not expecting to be fed on that flight, but I'm trying to work out how we will be able to squeeze in food for the kids between flights, as it will be a very long time to wait for food until we arrive in MCO (it'll still be 23.36 in their brains).

Edited at 08:56 PM.
mummyg76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I think the last few aa flights I have taken have all had a choice of chicken with Gravy and mash or pasta, we had that and then a snack which was a strange sort of pastry with savoury onside and sweet on the other p. All tasted good but portion normal plane size so bring biscuits or soemthing
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

You’ll get a meal a couple of hours after take off, then a snack an hour or so before landing at phl.

No food on the phl to mco flight just drinks and a biscuit or pretzels.

We’re happy with the plane food the kids not so much so they take something with them and also grab something quick at the connecting airport, then we eat when we get to our hotel if we’re hungry (the kids always are).

Eta we also had that savoury pastry thing...I ate it cos I was bored but not the best thing. The meals were fine though.

Edited at 10:54 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillz121
Apprentice Imagineer

Gillz121's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'll be flying the FRA-PHL, then PHL-MCO route on Friday do I can update for you if you like? The offerings may be slightly different though to the GLA route
Gillz121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gillz121 View Post
I'll be flying the FRA-PHL, then PHL-MCO route on Friday do I can update for you if you like? The offerings may be slightly different though to the GLA route
That would be great as interested in AA also as flying with them in September from Dublin.
Old 1 May 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyg76
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks everyone, I thought that about the second flight anyway. It will just be very tight for time grabbing something to eat at PHL. Have a great holiday Gillz121, looking forward to the update x
mummyg76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

I highly recommend bringing some sort of prepackaged food in your carry on bag. If you ever get stuck on a plane with a multi-hour delay, or arrive late and can't grab the food you planned in the terminal, you'll be glad you did. US airlines really skimp on providing food on domestic flights, even the overpriced snack boxes sometimes run out.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Yep - Boots meal deal is your friend, with as large bottle of water as you can get with it!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillz121
Apprentice Imagineer

Gillz121's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

So we returned yesterday from our trip 😥.
On our outbound:
Drinks service and pretzels (soft drinks, beer or wine. Extra cost for spirits)
Main meal was a choice of shepherds pie or veg pasta, with usual salad, bread roll, cheese and crackers, cherry crumble dessert and bottle of water. Another drinks service came round also. We both had the sheperds pie which was fairly decent.
Later, we got given a tub of vanilla ice cream.
Snack meal before landing was a pepperoni foldover pizza type thing which was good.
Overall, the standard of food was ok but I felt AA came round with refreshments a lot more than BA. Of course, you can still go to the galley area to help yourself to more drinks.
Internal flight from PHL we were offered a pack of pretzels or biscuits, with either a soft drink or tea/coffee
Gillz121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gillz121 View Post
So we returned yesterday from our trip 😥.
On our outbound:
Drinks service and pretzels (soft drinks, beer or wine. Extra cost for spirits)
Main meal was a choice of shepherds pie or veg pasta, with usual salad, bread roll, cheese and crackers, cherry crumble dessert and bottle of water. Another drinks service came round also. We both had the sheperds pie which was fairly decent.
Later, we got given a tub of vanilla ice cream.
Snack meal before landing was a pepperoni foldover pizza type thing which was good.
Overall, the standard of food was ok but I felt AA came round with refreshments a lot more than BA. Of course, you can still go to the galley area to help yourself to more drinks.
Internal flight from PHL we were offered a pack of pretzels or biscuits, with either a soft drink or tea/coffee
Thanks for the update. Hope you had a great trip.