Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 May 15, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Duuncan
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by louli View Post
Would hate for your good work to disappear Duuncan

I'll bump every few days if u don't mind keeping the models updated - esp if the mods still don't make it a sticky

We don't go until July 2016 but I love the car hire thread and always contribute but not as much as u have, obviously
I'll be posting a few updates in next week as I update any older videos, will see what comes of the sticky request and go from there. Can't see mods/admins being keen on repeated bumps even if people are finding this useful unfortunately.

I really appreciate the support this thread has received and I'm glad to have been able to give something back
Duuncan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Is there any reason this hasn't been made into a 'sticky'?

Seems to be a really useful piece of information and relevant to most of us on this forum.

Thanks again for the info'.
Old 18 May 15, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gally1968 View Post
Is there any reason this hasn't been made into a 'sticky'?

Seems to be a really useful piece of information and relevant to most of us on this forum
I have sent 2 private messages to theDIBB Admin and an administrator called SMAX to ask for the thread to be made a sticky but have received no acknowledgment or reply :

Guess they feel it is not popular enough or doesn't generate enough clicks

Duuncan did a great job - I'll erect a plaque somewhere else and get someone to keep it polished

I'll keep my own bookmark for it too to give it a plug if anyone needs the great info he put in it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 15, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Duuncan
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by louli View Post
I have sent 2 private messages to theDIBB Admin and an administrator called SMAX to ask for the thread to be made a sticky but have received no acknowledgment or reply :

Guess they feel it is not popular enough or doesn't generate enough clicks

Duuncan did a great job - I'll erect a plaque somewhere else and get someone to keep it polished

I'll keep my own bookmark for it too to give it a plug if anyone needs the great info he put in it
Thanks Quite enjoyed sourcing the videos as I'm a bit of a car nerd anyway

I did get in touch with a moderator to see if thread needed anything changed to be stickied, they said they'd pass the request to admins but that they don't like a lot of stickies.

I'll just prowl car hire forum and plug thread where I can haha
Duuncan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 15, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I'm confused as to why it hasn't been made a sticky either. Its a question a lot of people ask
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 15, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post

One thing you note about the Florida is how silent the car parks are - The big V6s move with a near silent swoosh and the V8s snarl like tigers only if their accelerators are prodded

Every time we are in the malls or outlets, we have to be careful walking through the car parks as one could get knocked down down so easily because of the silence of the traffic - esp compared to the tractor orchestra of UK car parks which are occupied by super fuel efficient but horrible sounding 4 cyl diesels

Edited at 09:03 PM.
Old 28 May 15, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stuart446
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm pleased that this has been made "sticky"
Stuart446 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 15, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

About time! This thread is so useful.
Old 1 Jun 15, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Duuncan
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks to everyone for the help getting this made sticky and thanks to whoever ultimately stickied it.

Been a busy couple of weeks for my business so will be finishing updates soon.
Old 4 Jun 15, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
WonkyTrout
Excited about Disney

This thread looks great. I'm going to look through all the Mid SUV videos tonight.

I would like an armrest, so my right arm is comfortable (like the ones you get on the Town and Country). I think I must rest mine on the door when I drive in the UK and it feels so uncomfortable without (struggled driving a Santa Fe in April). Parking assist would be nice too.
WonkyTrout is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List