Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jan 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cameragirl69
Proud to wear my Ears

Great report. Lucky to have been to DC a few times and indeed it is magical. Not sure if we will be going again when we visit in May this year but your photos have made me reconsider the idea!
cameragirl69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

My husband wants to go here with another family member to do the SeaVenture in May as it's his 40th he thinks he deserves an extra treat ()

We are going to SeaWorld & Aquatica anyway so I have looked at the Discovery Cove tickets as well. Adult prices for Seaworld/Aquatica ticket is £107 (or £110 from a different site with free parking included) and DC regular which includes seaworld & aquatica (non dolphin) is £134pp plus £55pp for the Seaventure thing - DH is going regardless and doing the SV but I was going to stay at the condo pool with the kids and save some cash (since we were not going to be doing the SV or dolphin swim) but at only £81 total for me and the 2 kids it looks like it is worth us going along for the day with them, especially as I didn't realise it included breakfast, lunch & snacks!

I do however have 4 questions...

1) As we are doing seaworld and aquatica anyway (probably only once each) that would be $40 parking (if it still a straight $20 a day parking inculding tax!) so is it worth buying 1 DC Ultimate ticket (which is £19 more expensive) as it comes with free parking? or would we ALL need to have the ultimate tickets? I am assuming if just one person in the party gets an Ultimate DC ticket and 4 get the Standard DC ticket all we need to do when we go to Seaworld and Aquatica is ensure we hand the Ultimate ticket in to the parking attendant?

2) Can a Cabanna be booked with that One purchased Ultimate ticked as mentioned above or do all people utalising the Cabana need to have an Ultimate ticket?

3) Will a 6 yr Old and an 11 yr Old be bored if they are not doing any activities?

4) Do you HAVE to wear wetsuits they provide, and if so, is that all day or only in the water?

thanks

Edited at 01:50 PM.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
You can just buy one ultimate and use that for free parking.

You do not need ultimate tickets to book a cabana.

There is plenty to do there all day. I cant see anyone getting bored. In fact I bet you will think you don't have enough time.

You have to wear a wetsuit vest in the dolphin swim and reef pool. For SeaVenture you need a full wetsuit. You only need them in the water. You don't have to stay in them all the time.

My SeaVenture video to show him is here...

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=974748
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We went with kids 4 and 8, I recall no issue with boredom at all, quite the opposite.
Old 4 Jan 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
You can just buy one ultimate and use that for free parking.

You do not need ultimate tickets to book a cabana.

There is plenty to do there all day. I cant see anyone getting bored. In fact I bet you will think you don't have enough time.

You have to wear a wetsuit vest in the dolphin swim and reef pool. For SeaVenture you need a full wetsuit. You only need them in the water. You don't have to stay in them all the time.

My SeaVenture video to show him is here...

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=974748
Excellent, thank you - all questions answered! I will show him your video, he will love it!

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
We went with kids 4 and 8, I recall no issue with boredom at all, quite the opposite.
great thanks, for the extra £80 then I think we will give it ago so we can all be together! I think my DD will love the birds!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
My husband wants to go here with another family member to do the SeaVenture in May as it's his 40th he thinks he deserves an extra treat ()

We are going to SeaWorld & Aquatica anyway so I have looked at the Discovery Cove tickets as well. Adult prices for Seaworld/Aquatica ticket is £107 (or £110 from a different site with free parking included) and DC regular which includes seaworld & aquatica (non dolphin) is £134pp plus £55pp for the Seaventure thing - DH is going regardless and doing the SV but I was going to stay at the condo pool with the kids and save some cash (since we were not going to be doing the SV or dolphin swim) but at only £81 total for me and the 2 kids it looks like it is worth us going along for the day with them, especially as I didn't realise it included breakfast, lunch & snacks!

I do however have 4 questions...

1) As we are doing seaworld and aquatica anyway (probably only once each) that would be $40 parking (if it still a straight $20 a day parking inculding tax!) so is it worth buying 1 DC Ultimate ticket (which is £19 more expensive) as it comes with free parking? or would we ALL need to have the ultimate tickets? I am assuming if just one person in the party gets an Ultimate DC ticket and 4 get the Standard DC ticket all we need to do when we go to Seaworld and Aquatica is ensure we hand the Ultimate ticket in to the parking attendant?

2) Can a Cabanna be booked with that One purchased Ultimate ticked as mentioned above or do all people utalising the Cabana need to have an Ultimate ticket?

3) Will a 6 yr Old and an 11 yr Old be bored if they are not doing any activities?

4) Do you HAVE to wear wetsuits they provide, and if so, is that all day or only in the water?

thanks
1) you only need to show one ticket so I would think one would be enough

2) I wouldn't waste the money on a cabana, there is more than enough to keep you busy and out the cabanas

3) My 11 year old going on 18 year old boy loves the place and when we were there last year he was never out the water discovering new and wonderful places

4) Yes you have to wear their wet suits but only in the water.

I have very fair skin and you have to use there sunscreen, I got burnt using it so make sure apply frequently especially if you are in and out the water. My plan this year is to wear a sunscreen.
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geomac79 View Post
1) you only need to show one ticket so I would think one would be enough

2) I wouldn't waste the money on a cabana, there is more than enough to keep you busy and out the cabanas

3) My 11 year old going on 18 year old boy loves the place and when we were there last year he was never out the water discovering new and wonderful places

4) Yes you have to wear their wet suits but only in the water.

I have very fair skin and you have to use there sunscreen, I got burnt using it so make sure apply frequently especially if you are in and out the water. My plan this year is to wear a sunscreen.
Thank you. I will just be getting 1 Ultimate ticket and 4 standard ones and I have looked in to the Cabanas and don't think they are worth it for us so decided not to bother with one anyway. Good to know your 11 yr old enjoys it, mine both LOVE the water (so much so usually at parks they ask when we can get back to the pool) so I think they will love it going by what people have said on here. I hate wet suits, I find them so restrictive, they make my skin crawl but if those are the rules they are the rules.

I didn't realise about sun cream, so we can not use our own sun cream at all? My DD has very sensitive skin and there is only 1 brand so far we have found that we can use on her that doesn't make her come out in a rash, plus doesn't sound good if it doesn't ofer decent protection for fair skin! If we take our own in will they search our bags and remove it?
Old 8 Jan 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
geomac79
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Thank you. I will just be getting 1 Ultimate ticket and 4 standard ones and I have looked in to the Cabanas and don't think they are worth it for us so decided not to bother with one anyway. Good to know your 11 yr old enjoys it, mine both LOVE the water (so much so usually at parks they ask when we can get back to the pool) so I think they will love it going by what people have said on here. I hate wet suits, I find them so restrictive, they make my skin crawl but if those are the rules they are the rules.

I didn't realise about sun cream, so we can not use our own sun cream at all? My DD has very sensitive skin and there is only 1 brand so far we have found that we can use on her that doesn't make her come out in a rash, plus doesn't sound good if it doesn't ofer decent protection for fair skin! If we take our own in will they search our bags and remove it?
The sun screen they provide is so that it doesn’t harm the fish, dolphins and all the other cool wee creatures. I have sensitive skin and a few conditions as well and it was fine for me.

The wet suits are really good and it helps you stay afloat in the water so really good when you are floating about scuba diving. You only need the full wetsuit if you are doing the activities the rest of the time you only have to wear a sleeves jumper type.
geomac79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

thanks [/QUOTE]

No. You get a choice between a shorty wetsuit or a neoprene vest. The wetsuit gives more buoyancy and keeps you warmer though. I do open water swimming so if any of your group aren’t strong swimmers I’d recommend the wetsuit. You can take it off between times. Just a point that their version of a lazy river can be deep at points and a bit colder. I was sceptical but it’s a fantastic day and sea-venture is great, my kids loved it.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geomac79 View Post
The sun screen they provide is so that it doesn’t harm the fish, dolphins and all the other cool wee creatures. I have sensitive skin and a few conditions as well and it was fine for me.

The wet suits are really good and it helps you stay afloat in the water so really good when you are floating about scuba diving. You only need the full wetsuit if you are doing the activities the rest of the time you only have to wear a sleeves jumper type.
I emailed them to double check and they have replied and said that we can use our own sun cream but they just prefer people use what they provide - she can use her own and we will all just use the one they give as the obviously give it for a reason to keep the pools cleaner for the animals.

Sleeveless jumper sounds ok in the water - I was thinking full on claustrophobic wet suit haha

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
No. You get a choice between a shorty wetsuit or a neoprene vest. The wetsuit gives more buoyancy and keeps you warmer though. I do open water swimming so if any of your group aren’t strong swimmers I’d recommend the wetsuit. You can take it off between times. Just a point that their version of a lazy river can be deep at points and a bit colder. I was sceptical but it’s a fantastic day and sea-venture is great, my kids loved it.
OK great thanks, can put the kids in wetsuits and I can put a vest on (i'm a strong swimmer so would be OK) - good to know and thanks for confirming it's a great day out.

Going to book it after this helpful thread!

Edited at 01:45 PM.