Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Dec 19, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile The Wave- A New Favourite, Mini Review

Our much anticipated visit to Wave tonight.

I can only rate 5/5. Quite pricey but worth every penny.

I started with an Azul (?) margarita. Picture below, blue which surprised me but the clue is in the name. Balked slightly at the $15 price tag but it was so worth it. It was huge and so strong, it was the equivalent of 2 standard margaritas back home. So actually decent value, I’d order again.

We then had starters. My son had tomato bisque. He wasn’t so keen as he likes Heinz tomato soup, but I had some and it was very nice.

Mrs YT had a salad with goats cheese and cranberries and it got the thumbs up.

But if you come here you have got to consider what I had. I’d say this dish was one of the tastiest things I’ve ever had- anywhere. It’s called eggs and bacon. It’s maple infused pork belly, with cheddar grits with a poached egg. Picture below- outstanding. I cannot describe how tasty it was.

For mains the kids received pushback on requesting the kids menu (server said portions too small) but they did the lunch burger which both had and said was very good.

The fish was salmon, Mrs YT was a little disappointed it was salmon but said it was nice- almost as good as Columbia Harbour House (!) which she loves.

I had the filet mignon. Whilst only 6 oz it was superb with a lovely onion potatoey thing and lovely asparagus.

I also had a Yeungling. Everyone else had soft drinks.

Overall $190 incl tip- not cheap.

From my perspective alone, what I had, it was one of the best and outright tastiest meals I have had in a long time, outstanding, especially that starter. So 5/5. The rest of the family voted 4/5.

One of my personal favourite restaurants anywhere and best restaurant for food taste on Disney I’ve been to. Service good, tipped 18%.

Old 30 Dec 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We enjoyed the wave breakfast , peaceful and such good food. Every restaurant is overpriced though on property .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Love the Wave, one of the least frequented with most opting for the Cali or Chef Mickey.

Dont forget the bar area, great drinks, great bar staff and great position for a MK break.

Glad you had a good experience

Disney332
Old 30 Dec 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Have to agree. The Wave was excellent on our last trip in September and on our previous visits also.
Old 30 Dec 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal there.

We consider the place to be the last bastion of decent dining as everywhere else seems to have gone downhill at a rate of knots sadly.

When our Son used to come with us he always had the pork belly appetiser and also spoke very highly of it.

We tend to eat there at least twice a week

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List