Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Nov 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
That’s awful, glad you got another hotel, just focus that tomorrow you will be in Florida!
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Ok, it is totally rubbish but it is just a hotel room, somewhere to sleep before your amazing trip. I hope you have a good dinner (and a stiff drink) and have a great sleep before flying tomorrow. In a few months this will be a totally funny story to tell. You are going to Orlando which is super awesome. Take care xx
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Oh no, not a good start. But put it behind you, you're flying to Florida tomorrow. Love the picture of the baby orangutan hanging on the plane window. Someone with a sense of humour decorated that hotel.
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Oh no what a stress, I’d be livid, that’s the start of your talking points for the trip already though😂
Enjoy your drinks.
Thanks all 💜

Yes, this will certainly be a story to tell!

We’re sat in the bar with a Prosecco and Corona now. Pretty good prices for an airport hotel at a total of £9.20 including some McCoy’s crisps. We may well have to get a second round!

I’ll join you again from the lounge at LHR tomorrow morning!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

You’ll look back on this as a funny story to tell 😂 Glad the new hotel is better.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Oh no!

There are a few hotels around Heathrow that are still being used as quarantine 😢

I hope you get your money back.
Old 19 Nov 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a great time.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Have a lovely time x. Thanks for sharing x
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh no that’s awful not what you want after waiting so long to travel :mad2 glad you managed to sort it out and you will so be arriving in Orlando

Joan
Old 20 Nov 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a right pain in the backside. I hope you slept alright in the new hotel. Safe travels today! Not long now.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments

Joan, I hope you and Mick are having a wonderful trip so far.

This morning we drove to LHR, dropped our car for meet & greet parking and made our way to have our VeriFLY checked. Everything went smoothly although there were lots of people in the VeriFLY queue who hadn’t done VeriFLY which made it longer!

We had fast track security, so luckily didn’t take too long there, and then headed to Galleries Lounge South. This is a lovely big lounge and made our morning very relaxed.

I had intended to have some bubbles - there was Prosecco openly available to pour yourself - however last night I ended up having 3 glasses in the hotel so thought I better not

I had a Diet Coke and orange juice (which was very nice), while W had a G&T with bitter lemon tonic which made it a funny green colour!

We also ordered some fruit plus a bacon and hash brown roll each. These were good flavours but the rolls were so hard, I thought I was going to break my teeth!

Then off we went to find our gate in what we thought was plenty of time… but we haven’t flown from LHR before and didn’t know about the trains to the gates We made it in enough time though and we’re now unfortunately sitting on the tarmac with what we hope is a small delay.

Next stop, Miami Beach!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

PS I forgot to post my travel day outfit this morning! Lots of others in spirit jerseys etc. on the flight which is lovely to see.

Old 20 Nov 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Spirit jerseys are THE best to travel in! Have a great flight and looking forward to updates from the other side 🇺🇸